Global 1940 Declaration of war and loading of transports

• i'm not a coder but there is a bug in the Global 40 series concerning loading a transport when you declare war. per the A&A 1940 Global rules pg 12 of the Europe 1940 book "Declaring War" section states that when you declare war you can load transports that just became hostile. Can someone fix this? I'm tired of people exploiting a bug.

• Donators

@seancb you need to add and activate "Units Can Load In Hostile Sea Zone" to "Map Options"

• Moderators

@seancb For clarity, I suggest editing "load transports that just became hostile" to "load your transports in sea zones that just became hostile".

• Donators

@Cernel how to write specifically would probably be good : )

• Moderators

@beelee said in Global 1940 Declaration of war and loading of transports:

@seancb you need to add and activate "Units Can Load In Hostile Sea Zone" to "Map Options"

That would allow always to do that, also for loading in hostile sea zones because of enemy placement in a previous turn, also for loading in hostile sea zones during non combat movement, also for loading after moving into a hostile sea zone.

However, it may be actually good to change to this behaviour, so that, instead of being unable to do something you should be able to, you are able to do something you shouldn't be able to, which is generally better, as you just need to autolimit yourself, to enforce the correct game rules, as opposed to having to edit or being unable to.

But this would be up to this game's players and the repository admins. Obviously, the best for the specific game would be to implement the actual game's rules.

Meanwhile, someone that is into this map may want to update its game notes, so to assure nobody alphabetized exploits this limitation.

@redrum @RoiEX @LaFayette @ssoloff Is this a bug report or a feature request? Just wondering.

• Admin

@Cernel Just my $0.02 (and probably only a penny compared to what the other dev opinions may be on this 😄), it sounds like what you're proposing would be best discussed in the forum first as a feature request. It doesn't sound like an obvious bug, but a possible improvement for how an existing map option is implemented. The reason I suggest discussing it on the forum is that there may be other players or map makers who don't believe the new implementation would be better than the current one.

• Moderators Admin

@ssoloff @Cernel My opinion (maybe only half a penny 😃 ) is that rules violations are bugs. So features are whatever leaves the fundament of the rules and enhances the experience on everybody's maps.

• Admin

@Panther Totally agree. My knowledge of the area under discussion is pretty minimal, so I assumed from @Cernel's description that it was an opinion of how something should be implemented rather than a fact. In my view, the former should go through the forum while the latter can be immediately opened on GitHub. Apologies for my misunderstanding of this issue.

• people are aware of the rule and some don't wish to play by the actual rules so if the bug could be fixed rather than let a few scoundrels continue to exploit it would be easier.

• this is a bug request.

• Moderators

@ssoloff My question (merely curious; but in case we would have to move the topic) was if this is a bug report or a feature request relatively to what at the first/main post of this topic, not at all relatively to whatever I said myself on it.