Been banned? Complaint or problem? Post here

• Moderators Admin

@stvmllc upload the screenshot here. The id number/string of characters should be the last line.

• I'll ask again since it was ignored last week but I clicked on our website here last week and saw I was logged out and asked if someone was doing upgrades or maintenance or something? Anyways, as long as the site is secure (no problems that I know of) then all is cool -.-

• Moderators Admin

@Captain-Crunch Last forum restart to my knowledge was over 2 months ago. Maybe you just had a hiccup?

• Admin

@Captain-Crunch Why did you post it inside a completely unrelated thread?
    I don't really follow map making related threads due to my lack of knowledge, so that's why I didn't see your post.
    Getting logged out isn't something truly unusual, it just means that your session cookie was deleted locally (in your browser settings or via some sort of pc cleaner tool), or it just expired, which happens sometimes if the server decides you need to prove you still know your password.
    Also in case you opened this site in a private/incognito window, new and temporary session cookies will be used, so that logs you out as well.

• Moderators

@Captain-Crunch Moving the referenced post and all the following ones up to and comprising this post from:
    https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/941/future-for-tripleawarclub-org-domain
    to:
    https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/15/been-banned-complaint-or-problem-post-here

I also experienced occasional situations in which the forum was not available without explanation, while my connection appeared working fine, otherwise. Sometimes it lasted only a few minutes, then the forum was working again, then unavailable again for a brief time.

• Admin

@Cernel From time to time I update the forum to the latest version without any further notice.
    Usually takes me about 10 minutes, but sometimes I run into unforseen issues which take slightly longer to resolve, but that hasn't happened for a couple of months now, if not half a year

• Admin

We could use work with our pinned forum threads and maybe categories. The "complaint or problem" thread title here I believe refers more to things related to moderation/banning. The concern moved here is more along the lines of "is the lobby down?" (but for forums)

• Moderators

@LaFayette Correct, I just didn't find a better alternative. The original post by Bung makes very clear that same named thread was only for making cases about moderation mistakes or to request moderating actions.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20160821220331/http://www.tripleawarclub.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=98
    You can either paste that at the first post here or change the title itself to be clearer.

• Thanks Rolex! I forget where I asked that same question last week and no one replied and I do not know which of your possible answers was the right answer but I clicked on the forum a week ago and I was logged out and that never happened before and asked if there was an update and got no answer and today I got some answers and no big deal just wondering if the forum was hacked 😕

• Admin

If we ever get hacked well probably notice sooner or later, but the issue you described is definitely not a consequence of that ^^

• Am I banned user seancb? I cannot login to the lobby as well as the TripleA-game.org website from my home computer

• @seancb here is the message window i receive when i try to login. If I use my hotspot all is fine, but i was playing at 1800 central USA time on 15 Jan no problem. stopped to bathe my son and tried to login again at 1915. No luck. I couldn't even get on to this website.

Here is the script from the login attempts to the lobby
    Jan 15, 2020 9:47:09 PM games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser parseGameLoader
    INFO: Loader tag is being ignored
    Jan 15, 2020 9:47:10 PM games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser parseGameLoader
    INFO: Loader tag is being ignored
    Jan 15, 2020 9:47:16 PM games.strategy.engine.framework.GameRunner lambda$start$0
    SEVERE: null
    java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.checkAddress(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at games.strategy.net.ClientMessenger.<init>(ClientMessenger.java:77)
    at games.strategy.net.ClientMessenger.<init>(ClientMessenger.java:51)
    at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.login.LobbyLogin.login(LobbyLogin.java:91)
    at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.login.LobbyLogin.lambda$login$0(LobbyLogin.java:69)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.background.BackgroundTaskRunner$1.doInBackground(BackgroundTaskRunner.java:121)
    at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• Moderators

@seancb I believe that, if you are banned, the program should clearly tell you so, when you try to log in, also telling you the remaining time the ban is going to last and also giving you a code, specific for your case.

I can only let you know that, so far, no moderators reported to have banned you recently enough, nor you are supposed to be currently banned, as far as I know.

• Admin

@seancb Looks like there's something wrong with your DNS config.
    Which OS are you using?

• Moderators

@RoiEX Maybe better continuing the discussion outside of this thread, once clarified the issue has nothing to do with any targeted actions?

• Admin

True, feel free to move the posts into a different thread

• Moderators

@RoiEX I actually think the posts so far are totally on topic here, as the user was reassured it has not been banned. I would just suggest @seancb opening a new thread in Player Help, if he/she still needs help playing the game.

• good thing you don't ban the aliaser trolls here with more than one account amiright

• Can someone please ban username "Emperor" from the lobby? The user constantly harrasses everyone in the lobby. I mean not just his username, his whole IP address should be blocked. I'm not the only one.

• Moderators

@seancb Triple A would need a screen shot or shots , then and only then can Triple A check into this.asking to ban another users name is out of norm .a screen shot would provide any behavior justifying such action,

Visitors Today