The judges decide that sol (axis +9) proceeds as winner against Deltium after 18 rounds pbem in a game with much action in various parts of the map. Summary:
- Axis get lucky R1 when Rus fails to take Ukr; Ger stacks it and holds until about R5, when the stack advances to WR.
- R1-R5 Allied efforts go mostly to Africa where G and J manage to hold Egypt but little else.
- Jap takes the islands and transports units to Egypt.
- When Ger takes WR, Allies refocus efforts on landing in Nor. Ger could take Cauc, but decides to stack Kar instead; Allies relocate from Nor to Arch and keep landing there. Japs take most of Africa in the meanwhile due to the sharply reduced presence of Allied units (relocated to the North).
- At this stage Axis felt quite comfortable; they earned more than Allies for a couple of turns, Japs built a 3rd IC, and it felt like a matter of waiting and pumping out sufficient numbers of units to take Mos.
- But Axis get greedy. Seeing low British income, they decide to make Brit even poorer by denying it France for one turn. Specifically, Ger tanks move from EE to WE and hold it. That however opens the possibility of Arch stack to move to WR (absent the threat of EE tanks), and later to even Ukr. The U.S. gets back to landing in Afr.
- The whole Ger front gets suddenly completely messed up. To help the Ger, and feeling not being able to hold Afr against the increased Amer efforts Jap fleet moves to the Med and transports all Jap units from Egypt to SE.
- And here the game changes direction completely, to Axis total surprise. Amer relocate a big part of their fleet to the Pacific and build new ships. Japs realize they can't compete; and they can't bring their Med fleet back (cut out by Amer holding Egypt, and Allies keeping enough fleet at Gib). So Axis realize the Pacific is lost and put all eggs into a Mos push: Ukr -> WR ->Cauc. The presence of Jap units in Europe certainly helps to deadzone WE, and provides extra protection when advancing forward.
- By R18 Axis had two big stacks (G in Cauc and J in Kaz) preparing to attack Mos.
- The U.S. just built 3 ICs on Pac islands and was preparing to start landing.
- That's when the deadline arrived.0_1543559008923_triplea_Ame18.tsvg
Thanks, Deltium for a great game!