Okay here is where I am with this project:
- Scotia and Goa were both "0" production, despite having factories. I made these both "2"
- Aviatrix unit could not land on carriers, despite manual indicating so.. corrected this.
- Alliance could not purchase assasin units (despite being in initial placement).. corrected this.
- The "Nautilus-hit" icon did not match the undamaged one... and other two hit units did not have a "hit" unit counterpart.. which I corrected. Okay... I am really tired of airbrushing little smoking fires on all these units!
Enhancements and/or error correction:
- Colonial and Sniper now upgrade to two movement with Mobile Warfare. Kind of pointless is a support unit (sniper) cant keep up with their main unit. Shouldn't a colonial (as elite) be able to upgrade? I think so.
- Upgraded "Tesla" cannon to movement 2 with railway gun tech (see above).
- I did a bunch of anal retentive corrections like making sure the units for all the nations point in the same direction (left or right). I also tried to correct the "hue" of each of these units so the colors are as close as possible. I am not an artist here.. it is better than before but still not perfect. I also fixed and added a ton of unit icons (mostly lifted and recolorized from other Triplea maps). Some of the icons were exactly the same for each nation.. I tried to add a flag or otherwise differentiate.
- Also made sub, dreadnaught, and carrier upgrade to +4 movement with merchant marine tech.. otherwise you leave half your fleet behind.
Controversial Changes (maybe):
- Okay, I love the concept of this map.. fantastic. However, I hate the cartoonish unit icons for the standard units (i.e. infantry, etc). I tried to strike a balance by using "standard" icons for "regular units" and more decorative ones for special units. I don't want to destroy the "steampunk" feel.. but sometimes less is more.
I went nuts adding a bunch of new units. Sometimes I reused icons (in the unit folder) the original creator never used.. tried to imagine what he or she was thinking:
France: I added landship, land Leviathan and "heat ray tripod" to this country. "Heat ray tripod is a massively expensive unit I created here... 4 hitpoints, 6 offense/Defence" and artillery support for 6 other units.. looks cool and costs 35 points
USA: I added landship, land leviathan, guerilla (a new conscript like cavalry) and dreadnaught (swiped from England)
Alliance: I added a two hit "mecha" unit (looks like imperial walker from star wars), also land leviathan and gave them battleship purchasing rights
Austria: added land leviathan
Turkey: added "bombard" unit.. basically a big, two hit siege gun
Britain: Added "heat ray tripod"
Russia: Added landship and land leviathan units.. also added a cheap suicide unit (Penal battalion) simiar to gas.. but cheaper and not as powerful
Germany: Added a two hit "steam walker" unit... as well as a new relatively cheap and powerful two hit submarine (deutchland) and of course "heat ray tripod" (all major powers should have this!)
Communists: The commies succeeded in stealing the Frankenstein tech from Austria and made their own army of zombie-fied Trotsky soldiers.. similar to the undead qualities of Frankenstein.
Lastly I made sure every country had light, "regular" and heavy tanks.
Overall.. I am worried about all these changes with regards to balance. I played a couple games against the AI (not very smart) and is easily defeated. However an experienced player could probably hold their own playing either side. If anyone is interested to try my beta version as described.. let me know. Otherwise I will keep tweaking it. Also to the original creator... sorry if I destroyed your project with my "improvements"!