@Hepps or just trigger a unit change. All allied heavy units (others than infantry) change ownership
i'm in the lobby, if you want to discuss it further
@wirkey I like The addition of another L&L territory for china as a solution.
adding another L&L territory alone won't solve the issue. China will get units, but can't buy anything.
Don't see the problems for Axis
I get why nobody wants UK/US production facilities in Caucasus or Shanghai.
A possible solution for the most problematic issue (China/Russia) without needing to change the xml and/or engine would be to make Shanghai and Kamchatka or some surrounding territories capitals. Or at least let them collect some income (maybe reduced percentage) even with capitals occupied. With an L&L territory somewhere on the coast of China you could start liberating China, too.
Edit: might be a bit confusing, but I guess you got my point.
@redrum @wirkey well it really comes down to whether the intention is to liberate or capture the territory. As far as I know there is no mechanism available to allow the user to decide which action is to be taken. Otherwise I would choose to have it behave as it does currently. Thus your strategy is to free the people you are liberating.
To my knowledge if you change the behavior with "when captured by goes to" then the issue is even more magnified when you are actually trying to liberate a territory for a beleaguered nation. Such as the Caucasus becoming permanently British if they liberate them. To me that feels even more wrong.
Perhaps post the save so we can see precisely what the example is.
I'd be fine if you can't build prodcution facilities but logistics (rail, AF) are really important.
In this game the problem has not yet occur, but it might if I decide to go for mainland China.tww spartan.tsvg
@wirkey I believe that is just the default behavior around liberating capitals on just about all maps. I haven't play many games that I've seen it happen so don't have a strong opinion either way on it. I'd have to leave it to @Hepps if that is how he intends it to work or if he would rather the territories not revert.
No, in all maps I know it is the other way:
revised for example: If moscow is occupied by Axis, any territory orignally russian being captured by UK or US from Axis becomes UK/US with the possibility to build there.
It wouldn't be that big issue (other from not getting the income) if TWW wasn't so prone to logistics. Not being able to build AFs in China or Far Eastern Russia is a huge problem for Allies. Especially as China's capital is a long way from the Sea.
v220.127.116.11 is now live. The first post is updated and here is a list of the changes:
- Bug fixes:
- Fix chinese fighters are land units instead of air units bug when disabling neutral players
- Fix USA start notification
- Allow marine production in Morrocco, Tunisia, West Africa, Nigeria, Gold Coast
- Allow alpine production in Nigeria
- Fix bug where liberating russian or chinese L&L territories you can't reinforce them in ncm as they turn russian/chinese immediately instead of being the territory of the nation on turn
- Fix bug where L&L UK truck not being removed from Soviet Far East
- Starting unit updates:
- Naval Fighter moved from Florida to Eastern U.S.
- British Sub moved from SZ 7 to SZ 10 with the main Scapa Flow fleet.
- British Naval Fighter moved from SZ 148 onto Java
- British A.A. Gun added to Sumatra
- British A.A. Gun added to Papua
- Sub/destroyer updates
- Update ImprovedDestroyer tech from DepthCharge 2 (+1) to 3 (+2)
- Update HeavyDestroyer unit from DepthCharge 3 to 4
- Update ImprovedStratBomber tech from DepthCharge 2 (+1) to 3 (+2)
- Update HeavyStratBomber unit from DepthCharge 3 to 4
- Update Sub unit attack from 4 to 3 (3/1/2)
- Update ImprovedSub tech from +1 attack (5/1/2) to +1 attack/defense (4/2/2)
- Update AdvancedSub unit from 6/3/2 to 6/4/2
- Add Toulon Exiled Allies fleet save actions for if Vichy's capital falls before North Africa Protectorate
I have an issue going on for years and I think I've addressed it several times. In my latest game (round 20 atm) it might become a huge problem. If the capital(s) of one nation is occupied and territories are liberated by allied nations, those territories revert to the original owner after one round, making it impossible to build any infrastructure. That is really bad in China and Far East Russia
My plan was that naval fighters have a DC@0 but gives DC+1 for maybe two (or three?) destroyers. That way they can't hunt subs on their own but increase the chances for destroyers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter-killer_Group).