I wanted to make a post regarding the direction units and combat etc will go. I was inspired by LotR Battle for Arda's system of various supports and territory effects so this map will use something similar.
PS im bad at presenting information like this.
Units will have a unit type(s) governing what support they receive:
- Cavarly (Cavarly are also Front)
- Caster (Caster are also Back)
- Charge - Cavarly has a chance to hit a front unit before combat begins
- Retaliation - Unit has a chance to hit a cavarly unit before combat begins
- Anti air - Ranged unit has a chance to hit a air unit before combat begins
- Magic - Unit has a chance to hit a caster unit each combat round
- Flank - Unit has a chance to hit a back unit each combat round
- Leadership - Unit gives +support to friendly units
- Curse - Unit gives -support to enemy front units
- Sieging - Siege units have a chance to hit a fortification each combat round
- Defenses - Fortification gives +support to friendly back units
Units will have a movement type that effects the support they recieve from terrain
They will mostly be paired to unit type (e.g. Front units are Infantry).
The following terrain types are those that will be present in the test map (a couple more like snow will be present elsewhere)
My initial draft with how they interact with each other is below. (Attack/Defense)
Their are 7 base units and 3 (or 4 if made by another unit) extra units per player.
The base units will mostly be the same with some differences.
The extra units will be player specific and they will differeniate each player from one another. I have conceptualised them but not properly drafted them yet.
The die value is going to be 10.
The base unit statline that all players will have is below: (I dont know how to convey this any better so I apologise if its hard to follow)
As a text example:
- Heavy Infantry - 9 PU / 5 attack / 4 defense / Front battle support / Infantry terrain effect
Support 1 is Retaliation / rolls 0 attacking and 3 defending against retaliation targets/
Support 2 is Leadership / gives 1 support to 1 unit when attacking/defending
For different players, I intend for their to be 3 stats that are weaker (red on the graphs) and 7 that are boosted (green on the graph)
Base units for the Scourge:
As a text example for whats different for the Scourge:
- Light infantry- 5 PU -> 4
- Heavy infantry- 4 defense -> 5
- Ranger- 2 Anti air defense -> 3
- Cavarly- 3 attack -> 2 / 3 charge attack -> 2 / have curse support for 1 when attacking/defending
- Caster- instead of leadership, curse support for 1 to 2 units when attacking/defending
- Air- 3 attack -> 2
Base units for the Scarlet Crusade
Looking at these it can be seen that Scourge Cavarly and Caster units work abit different, and Scarlet Heavy infantry and Casters are stronger then their counterparts.
I expected the base values to chance as I test them since this is only a first draft.
That was abit long winded but I think that sets the tone for the direction I want to take units and battles on the map.