First of all, thank’s a great game game.
I have some problems, where the game either freezes or I experience graphical errors when playing Global 1940 2nd edition.
I fix it by closing and restarting the game.
I use the Java version that comes with the installer for Windows 64 bit
Do you have some suggestions for solution?
Graphic errors are probably not our fault, however we might be able to help you with this issue.
Can you provide a Screenshot of the errors you're experiencing?
Also try updating your graphic drivers to the latest version to be sure it's not just a buggy driver version.
Many thanks for quick reply
I found the error
In Settings set
- Battle Simulator: Both values to 2000
- AI value to 2000
Then I experience graphical errors shown in this video:
I just use default settings now, this solves the problem
Well great to hear that you got your problem fixed although the settings you mentioned shouldn't have any effect whatsoever.
It looks like there are a lot of potential fixes for this kind of issue.
If you want to find the real issue you might want to try one of the solutions described here:
I can help you with those settings if you're interested
You are right RoiEX, it has only reduced the problem not solved it.
I would very much like help with these settings.
How do we get started?
Ok, let's try the easiest things first:
- Make sure you have the latest Nvidia graphics driver. Since you're on a laptop and I'm assuming that it has an Intel graphics unit as well, also make sure your Intel graphic drivers are up-to-date.
- Check your Nvidia driver settings: Follow the steps as described here
- Navigate to your TripleA installation folder. You'll find a
TripleA.vmoptionsfile there. Edit this file with a text editor of your choice and add the following line to the end of the file:
One of the steps should hopefully help. Let me know if that works for you.
- I always use latest drivers
- I have no Java folder, I am using the Java that comes with the installer
- I think this solved my problem, played all day with no problems
Again many thanks for your help