TripleA Logo TripleA Forum
    • TripleA Website
    • Recent
    • Popular
    • Register
    • Login

    Automatic Placement Finder Doesn't Work

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Bug Reports
    13 Posts 3 Posters 3.1k Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • redrumR
      redrum @StalOlympus
      last edited by

      @stalolympus Ok, I believe this was actually already fixed. Can you try downloading the latest pre-release and use that to see if that avoids the error: https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/releases/tag/1.9.0.0.9687

      TripleA Developer with a Passion for AI: https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/105/ai-development-discussion-and-feedback

      S 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • S
        StalOlympus @redrum
        last edited by

        @redrum Didn't work again

        redrumR 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • redrumR
          redrum @StalOlympus
          last edited by

          @stalolympus Ok, can you upload your map folder so I can try to reproduce the error.

          TripleA Developer with a Passion for AI: https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/105/ai-development-discussion-and-feedback

          S 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • S
            StalOlympus @redrum
            last edited by StalOlympus

            @redrum I am trying this with a pre-made map that I downloaded from the game that actually works but i deleted the places.txt to see if it's going to work, the map is middle_earth-master. I unzipped it, deleted the places.txt and put the folder in the downloadedMaps. Also I created a new folder called maps on C:\Users\xz\triplea\ and copied the folder there as well. I also tried to run the game as an administrator, nothing happens after the name phase.

            The map is; https://files.fm/f/g329ne42

            redrumR 2 Replies Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • redrumR
              redrum @StalOlympus
              last edited by

              @stalolympus Alright. I was able to reproduce the error. Looking into now. I think there is actually a bug here that I'm testing a fix for now.

              TripleA Developer with a Passion for AI: https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/105/ai-development-discussion-and-feedback

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • General_ZodG
                General_Zod
                last edited by

                You say that you deleted places.txt file. If you mean completely that might be your issue. I seem to recall that you need that file name, even if there's no information in it. To be in the maps folder.

                redrumR 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • redrumR
                  redrum @General_Zod
                  last edited by

                  @general_zod No, there is actually a bug in the map creator right now. No user error in this case as I was able to reproduce it and fix it 🙂

                  TripleA Developer with a Passion for AI: https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/105/ai-development-discussion-and-feedback

                  General_ZodG 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • General_ZodG
                    General_Zod @redrum
                    last edited by

                    @redrum ok 🙂 nice.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • redrumR
                      redrum @StalOlympus
                      last edited by

                      @stalolympus The issue should be resolved with this latest pre-release now: https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/releases/tag/1.9.0.0.9725

                      TripleA Developer with a Passion for AI: https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/105/ai-development-discussion-and-feedback

                      S 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 3
                      • S
                        StalOlympus @redrum
                        last edited by

                        @redrum Yeah it's working now. Thanks for replying so quickly and fixing it, really

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 2

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1 / 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Powered by NodeBB Forums