TripleA Logo TripleA Forum
    • TripleA Website
    • Recent
    • Popular
    • Register
    • Login

    Game Engine Rules (AI Training)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Development
    38 Posts 6 Posters 9.3k Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • H
      husky81 @Kindwind
      last edited by

      @Kindwind Are you still working on this project? I recently started creating a vibe coded bot. it's not that great yet, but i'm still working, I'm curious to hear how you're doing?

      KindwindK 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 1
      • KindwindK
        Kindwind @husky81
        last edited by

        @husky81 it was beyond my IQ. Ran into a lot of math and positions questions.

        B H 2 Replies Last reply
        Reply Quote 1
        • B
          beelee @Kindwind
          last edited by

          @Kindwind

          It's good you gave it a go 👍

          KindwindK 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • KindwindK
            Kindwind @beelee
            last edited by

            @beelee thanks! Gave it the old college try!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 1
            • H
              husky81 @Kindwind
              last edited by

              @Kindwind Too bad. I'm starting mine, I plays and completes games, but it still loses to pre built (fast) AI, it can beat easy. When you said that you beat the hard AI, do you mean that you were able to make a bot that was stronger Than the Hard AI that ships with Triple A? or something else.

              If you can beat the Hard AI currently in game that's not a bad result at all.

              KindwindK 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 1
              • KindwindK
                Kindwind @husky81
                last edited by

                @husky81 I was able to beat random not the hard ai. All kinds of odd bits and odd stalemates. The AI would buy all artillery it was really whacky. It was a good attempt on my part but I didn't know what I was doing math wise. Which in turn messed up my data. Finding signals is nigh impossible and a signal is something the ml really needs. The win conditions were another problem. Game state search was another problem. Aircraft carrier logic. Valid moves was another. The rust engine was a lot harder than it looked I was never really sure if mine was right. I worked on it for about a year or so.

                H 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 2
                • H
                  husky81 @Kindwind
                  last edited by

                  @Kindwind I don't know what ai model you were using when you tried the project, but Opus 5.5 is better than what was available back then. I'm not sure if you had Fable back then. I don't have a Fable account, only Opus 5.5.

                  Opus was able to build a python rules engine pretty much in one shot (no GUI) so i can't see the games, but it will simulate games and write reports. My bot can play in Triple A as well by passing the moves generated by the python code to triple A and checking for rejected moves. That's how I validated my rules engine, and caught the errors and omissions around transports and aircraft carriers.

                  I'm not currently using machine learning, other than tuning some parameters my bot uses by running simulated games. But I may give a more ML approach a go in future.

                  KindwindK 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 1
                  • RogerCooperR
                    RogerCooper
                    last edited by

                    On maps that are similar to the published A&A games, the Hard AI is only modestly better than the Fast AI. The Hard AI superiority is in games with more complex combat systems, where the simulation of the actual battles is a substantial advantage.

                    H 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 1
                    • H
                      husky81 @RogerCooper
                      last edited by

                      @RogerCooper said:

                      mplex co

                      Thank you for this note. I have seen that empirically. In testing the two in game ai's perform similarly. I was not fully aware of what made hard "better", but the ability to handle customized combat rules makes a lot of sense. I was aware that it simulated alot of battles.

                      KindwindK 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • KindwindK
                        Kindwind @husky81
                        last edited by

                        @husky81 that is amazing! I had fable 5.1 and opus. What did was had Fable play some games and then export the games fable played to a triplea save file that I could open and then verify. I was able to look at the buys and the attacks and if transports were moving. Now there might be other ways that you know of that I don't. The project is a near PhD level project and if you can get it to work your name will go down in history as the 1st person to do so! That is how hard this is to do. It was really beyond me. I believe in you though! AI is getting good! After you get all the good data you can then move it over to a local LLM and that is where the good stuff is for our community! Peoples play would increase leaps and bounds. If you need help or want colab let me know I can lend a hand to help!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 1
                        • KindwindK
                          Kindwind @husky81
                          last edited by

                          @husky81 Jev is really speaking to me on this as well but I don't know. Jev's set up seems much better over all suited to axis and allies. Just a thought!

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          • 1
                          • 2
                          • 1 / 2
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Powered by NodeBB Forums