Solved: Game fails to start: No data of type centers for territory
I am attempting to modify the world_war_ii_global map to add a sea zone in the atlantic so that Gibraltar is 4 steps from US.
I modified the baseTiles.png appropriately
I added a line in centers.txt to add "129 Sea Zone" and added coordinates
Used map creator to build polygons.txt and place.txt and baseTiles
Edited connections in .xml file
Everything seemed to be fine in the map creator. The connections looked good and the territory was labeled correctly.
From other posts, the error I'm getting in the console "Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No data of type centers for territory:129 Sea Zone"
indicates that I don't have an entry in centers.txt for 129 Sea Zone, but I do.
91 Sea Zone (1660,1540)
129 Sea Zone (1510, 1530)
Complete error is :
Loading resources from the following paths: [/home/surfer/triplea/downloadedMaps/world_war_ii_global-master.zip, /home/surfer/tmp/TripleA_18.104.22.168.3453/assets]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No data of type centers for territory:129 Sea Zone
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Are the edited centers.txt, polygons.txt files located in the folder named "map" . Also these files are only used if they are in the file "yourgame -master.zip" which should be located in the following folder "triplea/ downloadedMaps"
@jim-parker Your your capitalization. That has messed me up before.
@jim-parker Most likely you have an extra space or capitalization is off. If you post the game XML and the centers.txt then I can take a look. You can also just upload the whole zip somewhere and link to it from here.
Ok, thanks everyone for the prompt replies. I reviewed the spelling/capitalization and nothing jumped out at me. Regardless, here is a link to the .zip file on dropbox. Please let me know if there are problems downloading.
@jim-parker Hmm, after I rename you zip to "world_war_ii_global-master", it loads fine for me.
Ok, I had to change the directory name as well as the .zip file name. And it worked as well. Thank you!!
After doing a search for "world_war_ii_global", I found the .xml property "mapName". Now that I fixed that I can use the name I originally wanted to allow it to be separate from the original global game.
Thanks again, beers for everyone
@jim-parker Yeah, the zip, folder, and mapName property all have to line up. Glad you got it working!