The Rising Sun Variant vXXX - Official Thread
Welcome to the Official Thread of The Rising Sun Variant - vXXX
The mission of this thread is to bring together The Rising Sun Variant vXXX players who share the following objectives:
Having fun with TripleA
Promoting further interest and development of this TRS Variants mod
Engaging in civilized discussion and record-keeping in the name of friendly competition
Providing a hub to find other like-minded TRS Variants players
A post to our community!
@SneakingCoward (mod creator, thread admin)
@VicVictory (thread admin)
v3 Variant of The Rising Sun (original map created by Sieg)
Mod created by @sneakingcoward / Suggestions welcome to email@example.com
Game is continuously played by PBEM.
Gamers state, that it is one of the best games listed at the depot.
a.) MAP CONTENT
The Rising Sun Variant vXXX includes 1 mod of The Rising Sun
- The Rising Sun - vXXX ... (with Japan as 3 parties Yamamoto, Hisaichi, Masaharu)
b.) RULE SET
The Rising Sun - vXXX mod uses a combined v2 + v3 rule set.
Version rule set in general
- Subs can sneak attack. That means they can pass an enemy occupied sea zone and attack the next (an enemy destroyer prevents/blocks a sneak attack).
Specific Version 2 rule set
- Submarines can submerge after first attacker/defender roll dice. Thus an attacking fighter still has the chance of hitting a sub before it is able to submerge. Enemy destroyers stop subs from submerging.
Specific Version 3 rule set
Sea transports do not defend. Neither can they be selected as casualties. They are just lost if enemy wins the sea zone. For example a bomber can defeat an infinite amount of unguarded transports.
Submarines can submerge before any roll. So an attacking fighter has no chance of hitting a submarine, unless a destroyer prevents it from submerging.
ListenpunktBombers during strategic bombing do not destroy enemy PUs, but do damage structures. Enemy will have to spend PU to repair structures.
Please find detailed information regarding rules & specific unit capabilites in the relevant notes tab inside the game.
c.) ROUGH INFORMATION
The Rising Sun - vXXX ... mod includes units/features, as follows:
- Air+Sea+Land transports, also landing boats, generally proper transport concept
- Construction units
- Ability to destroy structures with strategic bombing raid (SBR)
- SBR on ships
- SBR on several land units
- Fighter scrambling with radar
- Fighter can also do SBR to train, radar, construction and not intercepted planes.
- AntiAir (AA) separated to combat (hit 1 of 6) and strategic bombing raid (hit 1 of 12) AntiAir
- Airbase enables full range for planes
- Destroy structures at a retreat
- Fighter escorting+intercepting and air battle before regular battle
- Battle rounds limitation
- Multiple hit-point units
- Compact turn order, which combines axis & allies parties and is therefore ideal for PBEM
- Change unit owners from Britain/USA towards Russia/China and Russia towards China
- Fuel consumption for production and movement, incl. Refineries
- Recruits as a resource and precondition to build units
d.) HINTS & TIPS
Due to a wide range of possibilities this mod is more suitable for experienced players (typical rounds 30).
Specially the supply strategy is crucial in this mod regarding air+sea+land transport units.
The combination of all possible features enables almost a real handling of warfare.
The fuel mod opens a totally new strategy setup. Big unit groups require a huge fuel amount. Therefore use your fuel wisely.
Axis vs Allies. Who will be victorious?
Good to know: TURN ORDER in The Rising Sun Variant vXXX
Addendum: Axis nations go first, Allies go second.
AXIS TURN ORDER
Yamamoto - Hisaichi - Masaharu - Thai
ALLIES TURN ORDER
Chinese - Dutch - Russians - British - Anzac - Americans
Hepps Moderators last edited by
@vicvictory So do all the Axis players go first in this? Cause that's the way it reads.
@hepps That's the way it goes. I'll add this information piece to our thread.