Global 40 House Rules

• Donators

I know there's not many or if any : ) Global players here, but figured i'd post this in case someone who's interested stumbles across it. : )

This was originated by Black Elk over at the A&A .org site. While it has morphed into something a little different, the core ideas remain.

Basically, it adds house rules to the Global 40 game using technologies and map options. There are currently 47 or so, of these.

These are house rules that experienced A&A players have used over the years. Wanted to add the ability to try them on triplea, hence this thread. : )

Anyway, if you're interested, it's under "Experimental" "Global 40 House Rules" in "Map Downloads".

• Donators

@beelee I receive the following error when I run this

Dec 16, 2018 6:08:41 PM games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.DefaultGameChooserEntry fullyParseGameData
    SEVERE: Could not parse:jar:file:/C:/Users/Roger/triplea/downloadedMaps/global_1940_redesign_houserules-master.zip!/global_1940_redesign_house_rules-master/map/games/Global_40_HouseRules.xml
    games.strategy.engine.data.GameParseException: map name: 'jar:file:/C:/Users/Roger/triplea/downloadedMaps/global_1940_redesign_houserules-master.zip!/global_1940_redesign_house_rules-master/map/games/Global_40_HouseRules.xml', game name: 'Global 1940 House Rules', Unexpected Exception while setting values for attachmentUnitSupportAttachment attached to:UnitType{name=mobile_artillery} with name:supportAttachmentInfantryAndMechInf1
    at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.newGameParseException(GameParser.java:120)
    at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.setValues(GameParser.java:1279)
    at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parseAttachments(GameParser.java:1229)
    at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parseMapDetails(GameParser.java:212)
    at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parse(GameParser.java:109)
    at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parse(GameParser.java:103)
    at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parse(GameParser.java:90)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.DefaultGameChooserEntry.fullyParseGameData(DefaultGameChooserEntry.java:53)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.panels.main.game.selector.GameSelectorPanel.lambda$selectGameFile$7(GameSelectorPanel.java:281)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.background.BackgroundTaskRunner.lambda$runInBackground$0(BackgroundTaskRunner.java:50)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.background.BackgroundTaskRunner$1.doInBackground(BackgroundTaskRunner.java:121)
    at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: games.strategy.engine.data.MutableProperty$InvalidValueException: failed to set string property value to 'infantry:mech_infantry:'
    at games.strategy.engine.data.MutableProperty.setStringValue(MutableProperty.java:64)
    at games.strategy.engine.data.MutableProperty.setValue(MutableProperty.java:88)
    at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.setValues(GameParser.java:1275)
    ... 15 more
    Caused by: games.strategy.engine.data.GameParseException: Could not find unitType. name: for: UnitSupportAttachment attached to:UnitType{name=mobile_artillery} with name:supportAttachmentInfantryAndMechInf1
    at games.strategy.triplea.attachments.UnitSupportAttachment.setUnitType(UnitSupportAttachment.java:87)
    at games.strategy.engine.data.MutableProperty.setStringValue(MutableProperty.java:60)
    ... 17 more

• Donators

@RogerCooper Hi Roger

Yea it's a little confusing. You want "Global 40 House Rules" not "1940 Redesign" one. That's the one simon made, and thankfully he did as it added the project to github, but there's a map naming error on that one and is why it doesn't work. It's also out of date now.

@simon33 would you mind deleting the "redesign" one ?

• I have some house rules that are worth looking at if anyone wants a copy. They incorporate weather, global and political events, espionage bonuses, and country specific technology. The country specific tech would likely be the easiest mod. I am not a coder but I did write these rules and would love to have a way to play these.

• Donators

@seancb yea absolutely seancb. The more the merrier is my philosophy. This will probably be pretty much a never ending project. Especially with all the cool stuff being added by redrum and the guys that triplea can do.

I still need to cleanup what's already done and undoubtedly some errors will pop up.

On a side note, how did Degaulle's 1939 mod progress ? I was gonna take a break and see if I could do that next and I remember you had done some work on it.

• Donators

@seancb I can post the house rules in Axis & Allies Wiki. Please post them here.

• Donators

Battle calc question. According to @prastle link text this is where I should ask, I think : )

Anyway does game history show dice in order of units listed ? For example:

![0_1546309436251_Capture.PNG](Uploading 100%) ![0_1546309462455_Capture.PNG](Uploading 100%)
    ![0_1546309539784_Capture.PNG](Uploading 100%)
    well Idk wtf is going on. Says connection to triplea lost and something went wrong while parsing server ...

Anyway, I had two units that hit at 3 and got two 3's but only one hit. The units were listed in different order than dice as far as matching up. Has it always been this way in history and I just never noticed it ?

The dice correspond to the units ? The order it's showed ?

I'll try and fire up the old machine if the pic doesn't show up. Really don't know how people do the windows thing 🙂

Figured I better do the at pras thing so this question gets some visibility : )

Oh I'll try a save game :

link text

It's the caucusus battle. Last german turn. Should add an error pops up since I made a change to xml after this game start. Pretty sure that doesn't have any effect though.

Thanks

• Donators

@prastle nvm figured it out. Sorry to bug. I'm not even drunk yet lol : )

Peace

• Donators Moderators Admin

@beelee happy New Year Bee 🙂

• Donators

@prastle Happy New Year 🙂

• Donators Moderators Admin

@beelee Need more Map options! 😉

Great work!