TripleA Logo TripleA Forum
    • TripleA Website
    • Recent
    • Popular
    • Register
    • Login

    Bugs in World War I

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Bug Reports
    23 Posts 5 Posters 2.8k Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • wc_sumptonW
      wc_sumpton @RogerCooper
      last edited by

      @RogerCooper said:

      I tried removing replacing all references to NoAir with the standard delegates and it did not resolve the issue.

      I do not understand what is meant by this. Is "NoAirCheckPlaceDelegate" still being called? Are you using "HardAI" or "FastAI" and how many AI players? How many rounds were tested.
      There are times, especially with HardAI, where the AI will determine that defensive fodder units are unnecessary to purchase and that it's PUs would be better spent on more expensive attack units or factories.
      Both Austro Hungarians and Russians can take up to 3 turns before they might purchase anything.

      This is the balance xml for you to review:
      world_war_i_1914_balanced.zip

      Cheers...

      RogerCooperR 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 1
      • RogerCooperR
        RogerCooper @wc_sumpton
        last edited by

        @wc_sumpton I will try checking for longer. It seems strange to not build anything.

        wc_sumptonW 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 1
        • wc_sumptonW
          wc_sumpton @RogerCooper
          last edited by

          @RogerCooper said:

          It seems strange to not build anything.

          I understand this. The first problem was that the AI player was not purchasing anything. Now the AI can purchase. Will the AI make a purchase, depends now on the AI logic.

          Cheers...

          RogerCooperR 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 2
          • RogerCooperR
            RogerCooper @wc_sumpton
            last edited by

            @wc_sumpton I tested this to the end of the game. No one builds anything.

            wc_sumptonW 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • wc_sumptonW
              wc_sumpton @RogerCooper
              last edited by

              @RogerCooper

              Without see more of the xml that is causing the problems, and more information on how the map was tested, which players are AI. Then there is not much more that I can say.

              The issue is still open on GitHub.

              Cheers...

              RogerCooperR 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 1
              • RogerCooperR
                RogerCooper @wc_sumpton
                last edited by

                @wc_sumpton I tried all players as AI using the World War I Improved map.

                wc_sumptonW 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 1
                • wc_sumptonW
                  wc_sumpton @RogerCooper
                  last edited by

                  @RogerCooper

                  To test, I updated TripleA to version 2026-9.16.15785. Uninstalled and reinstalled world-war-i-1914-improved, which included both World War I 1914 Improved and World War I 1914 Tournament Rules.
                  Using Fast-AI for all players the game ended at round 8 with the Allied Powers declared as the winner. The AI made no purchases during the game.
                  Using Hard-AI for all players the game ended at round 11 with the Central Powers declared as the winner. The AI made no purchases during the game.
                  Inside the xml there are 9 occurrences of " placeNoAirCheck" which were replaced with "place".
                  After reloading World War I 1914 Improved, Fast-AI was selected for all players. Round 1 the Austro Hungarians purchased 6 infantry and 2 artillery. Russians purchased 3 infantry and 4 artillery. The game was stopped after 15 rounds with no one declared as the winner. All AI players made purchases during the game.
                  Using Hard-AI for all players, the game was again stopped at round 15 with no winners. Austro Hungarians made their first purchase in round 2 with 10 infantry and 6 artillery. Russians purchased 20 infantry and 3 artillery on round 3, having made no purchases during rounds 1 and 2. During the game all AI players made purchases.

                  Cheers...

                  TheDogT 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 2
                  • TheDogT
                    TheDog @wc_sumpton
                    last edited by TheDog

                    @wc_sumpton
                    Would your super-dupa placementAnyTerritory fix,
                    https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3326/1941-global-command-decision-official-thread/1005?page=51

                    aid the AI into purchasing?

                    https://forums.triplea-game.org/tags/thedog
                    https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3741/curated-best-top-maps-triplea-guides

                    wc_sumptonW 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 3
                    • wc_sumptonW
                      wc_sumpton @TheDog
                      last edited by

                      @TheDog said:

                      Would your super-dupa placementAnyTerritory fix

                      Thanks for the thought. This hack helps with the placement of factory/construction type units which were not placed by the AI's normal purchase-placement routine. Here the problem is with purchasing, which the AI is not doing because the AI does not find when to start a simulated purchase. Without creating a purchase, there is nothing to place.
                      For my testing, replacing "placeNoAirCheck" with "place" does allow the AI to make purchases but this does not seem to work for @rogercooper. I'm not replacing the delegate "NoAirCheckPlaceDelegate" with the "PlaceDelegate" as there would be no change in my testing. So maybe @rogercooper could test if changing both the name and delegate makes any difference.

                      Cheers...

                      RogerCooperR 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 2
                      • RogerCooperR
                        RogerCooper @wc_sumpton
                        last edited by

                        @wc_sumpton I got around to testing this out and I by getting rid of placeNoAirCheck and using placementAny Territory the AI builds correctly.

                        I am not sure about the next step. Should I create AI versions of the scenarios and add to the mod?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 2 / 2
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Powered by NodeBB Forums