Bugs in World War I
-
@wc_sumpton
Would your super-dupa placementAnyTerritory fix,
https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3326/1941-global-command-decision-official-thread/1005?page=51aid the AI into purchasing?
-
Would your super-dupa placementAnyTerritory fix
Thanks for the thought. This hack helps with the placement of factory/construction type units which were not placed by the AI's normal purchase-placement routine. Here the problem is with purchasing, which the AI is not doing because the AI does not find when to start a simulated purchase. Without creating a purchase, there is nothing to place.
For my testing, replacing "placeNoAirCheck" with "place" does allow the AI to make purchases but this does not seem to work for @rogercooper. I'm not replacing the delegate "NoAirCheckPlaceDelegate" with the "PlaceDelegate" as there would be no change in my testing. So maybe @rogercooper could test if changing both the name and delegate makes any difference.Cheers...
-
@wc_sumpton I got around to testing this out and I by getting rid of placeNoAirCheck and using placementAny Territory the AI builds correctly.
I am not sure about the next step. Should I create AI versions of the scenarios and add to the mod?
-
I am not sure about the next step. Should I create AI versions of the scenarios and add to the mod?
Not sure what is being asked. The AI makes purchases, that was all that I understood was needed.
Cheers...
-
@wc_sumpton I created a new xml with the suggested changes and it works. Now, should I change the XML for the mod in the repository or upload a new XML so the users can play an "AI" version while retaining the original scenario?
-
Ha... Okay, now I understand. These maps, World War I 1914 Balanced, World War I 1914 Improved and World War I 1914 Tournament Rules belong to @victoryfirst. He will have to decide.
Cheers...
-
@RogerCooper What is the exact change? I lost track of all this. If it does not affect the rest of the game, I'd be OK with making any changes.
-
@VictoryFirst I replaced all references to "placeNoAir" to "place" and added
<attachment foreach="$All-Players$" name="rulesAttachment" attachTo="@All-Players@" javaClass="RulesAttachment" type="player"> <option name="placementAnyTerritory" value="true"/> </attachment>
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login