Short Attachment Names

• Admin

Just a note for the map makers among you, as of Version the engine no longer requires the package name in front of the attachment class name.
    This means instead of writing for example

<attachment name="unitAttachment" attachTo="army" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attachments.UnitAttachment" type="unitType">

You can now write

<attachment name="unitAttachment" attachTo="army" javaClass="UnitAttachment" type="unitType">

Note however that this change is not backwards compatible, so in case you are planning to change your map xmls keep in mind that players with any previous version will no longer be able to play it.

I'm planning to do a similar change for the delegate names as well, however allowing the exact same will cause problems because there are duplicate delegate names in the games.strategy.twoIfBySea.delegate package for EndTurnDelegate, InitDelegate and PlaceDelegate, that are only used by a handful of maps.
    If someone could tell me the difference of those delegates (compared to the normal ones in games.strategy.triplea.delegate), or even modify the xmls to no longer use them, I'd be happy to try and remove this requirement for delegates as well.

• Admin

@roiex It would probably be good to update POS2 XML to use this new standard once a new stable is released. At a minimum if we don't update the whole XML then adding a note similar to your post in the comments would be necessary.

• Admin

You really have to edit the entire XML.

Since it is used extensively as a resources for both seasoned as well as noobile map makers.... there can be no ambiguity in the information presented there.

Looks like your connection to TripleA Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.