Join the TripleA TEAM!
Join the "TripleA" Team!
TripleA is an open source project and FREE for everyone to play. The donations from our thriving community allow us all to enjoy this! Contributions can be monetary or in the form of your time and experience. We are always looking for more Moderators and Developers to help out!
If you are interested in joining the team then please post a message in this thread indicating how you'd like to help out and a little about yourself. Feel free to all send a PM (Private Message) or email to any ADMIN with a list of skills and ideas that you could bring to TripleA!
The following are some positions that we are always recruiting for with a brief overview of each.
- Track and maintain the bug reports as per procedure
- Monitor for inappropriate user behavior
- Delete inappropriate posts/topics
- Assist members with help and questions
- Suggest member bans as per procedure
- Ban Spam User Accounts
- Monitor for inappropriate user behavior, language , trolling, multiple nicknames online at once and cheating
- Banning, mutes, timeouts as per procedure (listed further below)
- Attempt to settle/resolve arguments and disputes regarding lobby or forum or PBEM games
- Assist members with help and questions
- Training will be provided for the Forum/Lobby Moderator positions
- The complete current lobby/forum rules and mods are listed here:
Are you interested in contributing to an open source gaming engine? Do you love TripleA and have always wanted to improve it or add some new features? TripleA is easy to contribute to for anyone that has some basic Java development experience. There are endless opportunities to work on anything, including and not limited too, the UI, the AI, the lobby, new map features, etc.
- Feel free to post here or message any of the TripleA developers if interested
- The core TripleA development team members are @LaFayette, @redrum, @RoiEX, and @ssoloff. Although there are many other contributors over the years.
- Core Github Repo: https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea
- Dev Getting Started: https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/tree/master/docs/dev
@General_Zod Nice ty
@prastle heppster "Rock" image
Reworked some of it and think its looking pretty good now. We could consider a few other standard positions like "Map Owner", "Beta Tester", etc.
@redrum not volunteering but "Promoter" might be a cool job for those that are enthusiastic but don't want or know how to do the other positions.
@beelee Yeah, some form of "promoter" or "marketer" or "recruiter" might be good as well.
@redrum Sexcellent Job! To quote some one we know. Ty for fine tuning!
@beelee you are where i was a few years ago. I HAVE FAITH YOU WILL APPLY
@prastle heh heh I'd need set hours . A schedule. I wouldn't be very good at being "on call"
I just wouldn't be very good at all lol
Fortunately, I have a few years
@beelee sounds kinda "Dr Zeuss" like
I've been a long time lurker, I play fairly casually mostly offline. I'm a .NET dev by trade (4 years-ish) trying to branch out and get some experience in other languages. I wasn't sure which of the devs mentioned in the above post I should PM about my interest in contributing so I'm just making a general reply here. Any help on where to get started would be appreciated, thanks!
You should be able to just clone the repo and then set up your IDE: https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/tree/master/docs/dev
We are always looking for contributions and glad to answer any questions.
@redrum Awesome thanks!
In @Giglfoosm words, "I've been a long time lurker" too.
I'm interested in maps development.
I think about making a script to export an Inkscape file into TripleA format.
@agbottan At a bare minimum, the only thing you should need to do is generate a black/white borders image from the file then you can run it through the map creator included with TripleA. Then the original image can be used for the relief layer.
@redrum, for what I remember, the map's lines lies in a text file with polygons coordinates. I suppose that these polygons are generated by the black/white contrast borders with some sort of bitmap processing. I'm thinking about extract the territories polygons from the SVG data in some way.
Your suggestion of using Inkscape to generate the black/white map for the current editor is nice too.
I'll start assembling the stuff here and, when having something to show, I'll open a thread in this forum about this specific matter.
@agbottan Yeah, the map creator generates several files from the black/white border image. The main one is the polygons.txt which specifies the boundary points for each territory. It also generates a centers.txt and place.txt. I think you are probably better off generating the black/white border image then using the existing TripleA map creator to generate the necessary files. Otherwise you probably will end up having to recreate much of that tool. Here is the map documentation: https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/blob/master/docs/map_making/map_and_map_skin_making_overview.md#sec_2