Star Trek Dilithium War - Official Thread
This thread is for discussions concerning the Star Trek: Dilithium War map.
Map setting and Story
Stardate 48630.2: The Dominion Cold War is destabilizing the Alpha Quadrant. Peace hangs by a thread. Only diplomacy and clever politics is preventing an all-out war between the major galactic powers. Political alliances frequently form, but they seem to be short-lived and dependent on political and situational needs.
A new and potentially explosive situation is starting to form just a few light years from the well known Deep Space 9 space station. Scans of a nearly uninhabited region of space have shown a high concentration of the valuable dilithium crystal. There is enough dilithium to support thousands of starships and power-cores. This treasure could change the balance of power and predetermine the outcome of a galactic war. Many governments have dispatched forces to the region, but it seems that they are not alone...
(Geek alert: This map is supposed to take place 2/3 into the time of Deep Space Nine season 3. The Wormhole is discovered, the Dominion is beginning to be in very bad standing with the major powers of the Alpha Quadrant and the combined Cardassian/Romulan sneak attack on the Dominion has not yet happened.)
• A hex style layout.
• 3 vs. 3 game play. The Borg can be added as a third party.
• Randomly placed resource rich planets, so every playthrough is different.
• Several types of space objects that give tactical or strategically advantages.
• Several resource types: Command, Engineering, Science, Assimilation and Dilithium.
• A lot of unit types.
• A technology development system.
• An ingame player rank system.
• An ingame player communication sytem (Players can call in reinforcements, seek promotion or ask for political aid during the game).
• Nation specific sounds.
Old BETA map development thread:
Can this map be improved?
It would be nice if players would give a bit of feedback based on their play experiences. Large scale alterations of the map, like changing territory layout, graphics or the map skin is not likely to happen, but anything concerning small stuff, like unit stats and rules, is up for discussion
Future plans / updates
• The term "PUs" is used for the blue tech development resource that should be called "Science". I would very much like to change this in the future, but it is not technically possible as of now (May 12. 2018).