TripleA Logo TripleA Forum
    • TripleA Website
    • Recent
    • Popular
    • Register
    • Login

    💥 1941 Global Command Decision - Official Thread

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Maps & Mods
    mapsthedog
    1.0k Posts 23 Posters 2.1m Views 18 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • TheDogT
      TheDog @captain0
      last edited by

      @captain0
      Are you playing with Fast-AI as it is more aggressive than Hard-AI ?

      The US AI does have enough air power to control 2 SZ distance of its West Coast and has enough PU to dominate the sea, but sadly it does not.
      I will look at reinforcing the US west coast, but it will be awhile.

      .

      One other issue I have noticed that there are no UK heavy industry in the Indian ocean/ Red Sea, East of Africa.
      Whilst I respect this is quite accurate historically.

      Agreed, it is not going to change. You could replace the South Africa Industry-Med with a Industry-Hvy if you wish.

      https://forums.triplea-game.org/tags/thedog
      https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3741/curated-best-top-maps-triplea-guides

      C 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 1
      • C
        captain0 @TheDog
        last edited by captain0

        Thanks Dog. In the game I am playing I am using Hard AI but I generally use a combination of both.
        Oh yeah in the stack the Russian AI was holding back in Yekaterinburg? area was not 150 TUV but about 81 units/ 640 TUV
        The AI kept a fair bit there since the start of the game really. With some old double hit 1941 tanks.

        TheDogT 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • TheDogT
          TheDog @captain0
          last edited by

          Latest version v275 ready for download with in TripleA.

          In TripleA
          Click Download Maps Button
          Click Installed tab
          Click 1941 Global Command Decision
          Click Remove Button
          Click Yes button to remove
          Click Ok button (Successfully removed)
          Click Close (To force the map list to refresh)
          Click Download Maps Button
          Find & Click 1941 Global Command Decision
          Click Install button

          Enjoy!

          .
          v275
          Previously the Non Aggession Pact between USSR and Japan starts to fail arounf Turn 15, only because its Turn 15, this is illogical.

          So to improve on it, this applies to Players & AI
          The USSR and Japan have a Non Aggression Pact that prevents both sides from attacking each other.

          • When Japan or allies owns Chungking/Industry-Med there will be skirmishes on the Japan-USSR border
          • When Japan or allies owns Chungking/Industry-Med & Urumchi-Kansu/Industry-Lgt it will declare war on USSR
          • When USSR retakes 3 of its lost territories held before Operation Barbarossa there will be skirmishes on the Japan-USSR border
          • When USSR retakes 5 of its lost territories held before Operation Barbarossa it will declare war on Japan

          Gemrnay & Italy will now have a harder time vs USSR, as USSR will be focusing on their attacks and not distracted by Japan to the south.

          Japan AI needs help to play better

          • When Japan or allies owns Chungking/Industry-Med, for each turn up to 9 times it will purchase 3x Destroyers, 1x Cruiser, 1x Convoy
          • When Japan or allies owns Urumchi-Kansu/Industry-Lgt, for each turn up to 9 times it will purchase 3x Destroyers, 1x Cruiser
          • Having achieved some of its primary objectives Japan can divert resources to ships.

          China Player & AI

          • As Japan and USSR will not go to war around turn 15 and Japan was conquering China too easily/quickly.
          • China has a small free increase of a Bunker per turn, this simulates its massive population digging in and resisting its invaders

          USA AI needs help to play better

          • Turns 2,4,8,12,16,20,24 AI purchases 2x Fighter, Bomber-Tac, Carrier-Fleet, 2x Cruiser, Battleship and places in 010 B Sea Zone
          • This is a small increase of a Cruiser & Battleship and it makes the USA AI more aggressive when using Fast-AI

          This is big, I think I finally understand Sea Zone ownership and PU production

          • Each Sea Zone generates 1-2pu per turn for the original owner only, just like Convoy Centers. Enemy occupation denies the original owner of the PU income. The current owner has its national flag in the Sea Zone.

          .
          🔻 v275 documentation, last page has winter turn on instructions. 🔻
          1941_Global_Command_Decision_Manual.pdf

          🔻 Suggested TripleA version 🔻
          https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/releases
          .
          Link to 1st post that has;
          Downloads for new Players
          https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3326/1941-global-command-decision-official-thread

          https://forums.triplea-game.org/tags/thedog
          https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3741/curated-best-top-maps-triplea-guides

          C C 2 Replies Last reply
          Reply Quote 2
          • C
            captain0 @TheDog
            last edited by captain0

            Hi Dog thanks for the latest version. The game seems to play a little more challengingly.
            A few more land/ sea territories would be great.
            I still keep Russia and Japan allied until the time is right for War between them,
            AI Russia still seems a little tentative to move the Siberian based units though.
            I move them manually but do you think there is an issue with the stacking restrictions on the old 2 hit tanks? Even I find them hard to move through other units..

            The US does tend to evacuate the Pacific automatic placed units to the Atlantic and it does throw the Atlantic battles a little more in the allied favour. Tricky one. I still think random PT boat spawns may help if they were confined to Pacific only.

            Would there also be any way to look at factories. IE enemy factories are destroyed on capture and you can only build light industry on non sovereign territory?
            Also do you think the Russian player should be immune to Winter as they were more better prepared for it historically.
            Maybe also a Rasputitsa effect could block all movement on the Eastern front (all player) for one turn after Winter.

            Lastly, when any player wants to build an aircraft carrier they have to manually enter the quantity as there is no selector arrow for the box like other units.
            Took me a while to figure that one out in my first game.

            Apologies for the ramble and once again the game is playing well.

            TheDogT 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • C
              cybergroover @TheDog
              last edited by

              @TheDog

              Many thanks for this awesome map! I just saw it and have played other TripleA WW2 1941 maps and this one looks like the best yet with so much cool customisation, depth and immersion 🙂

              I see that (Jp only) "Kamikaze-Plane" needs "*Researched Japanese suicide planes", which appears when sufficient force invades a homeland or home seas (like conscripts).

              I don't see any tech like that in the Technology table? Is that because it's only available for a temporary time (while homeland or home seas are invaded) or because it's not really a technology but something adopted from desperation? In that case, perhaps "*Researched Japanese suicide planes" could be changed to something else (like may be "This desperate tactic will only become available when the Home Islands are under threat!")?

              Cheers!

              TheDogT 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 2
              • TheDogT
                TheDog @cybergroover
                last edited by

                @cybergroover
                Welcome to the forums!
                Thanks for engaging and kind words.

                Kamikaze-Plane, you are correct they are like conscripts and are not Researched.

                Yes they are only temporarily available when their home seas are invaded.

                This desperate tactic will only become available when the Home Islands are under threat!

                I will change the Tool-tips in the next release and will use your excellent quote 😀
                Thanks!

                https://forums.triplea-game.org/tags/thedog
                https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3741/curated-best-top-maps-triplea-guides

                C 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 1
                • C
                  cybergroover @TheDog
                  last edited by cybergroover

                  @TheDog

                  Many thanks for the kind welcome and quick and considerate reply!

                  I'm really blown away by the depth and customisation that this map has! Thanks again for all your work in making it happen 🙂

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 2
                  • TheDogT TheDog referenced this topic
                  • TheDogT TheDog referenced this topic
                  • TheDogT
                    TheDog @captain0
                    last edited by TheDog

                    @captain0
                    Apologies for the late reply.

                    A few more land/ sea territories would be great.

                    I agree, but Im no map-maker, I will have to wait for someone to offer.

                    .

                    do you think there is an issue with the stacking restrictions on the old 2 hit tanks?

                    As they are 2HP, there max stack is 5s, So you have to move the ones nearer the objective first, then the rear TT/echelons after the nearer ones. This principle applies to all stacking in the map.

                    PT boats were considered, but decided against, Bomber-Tac does a similar but has a more versatile role.

                    .

                    enemy factories are destroyed on capture and you can only build light industry on non sovereign territory?

                    Again considered, but for simplicity, kept as is. I was conscious that a lot of complexity was going into the map and that it might be too much for players to take in.

                    .

                    Also do you think the Russian player should be immune to Winter as they were more better prepared for it historically.

                    True they were, but again for simplicity kept simple for both Germany/Russia. The Russians do have a lot of Siberian troops/ Inf-Elite that are 'immune' to the effects of winter, so as a player spam them in the north.

                    .

                    Maybe also a Rasputitsa effect could block all movement on the Eastern front (all player) for one turn after Winter.

                    Tried a variant of that, the Germans kept on losing in the north, it was so hard to balance, so removed for simplicity.

                    .

                    they have to manually enter the quantity as there is no selector arrow for the box like other units.

                    Yes, this is a know problem with the TripleA look & feel, FlatLaf, if it bugs you try this;
                    Game> Engine settings> UI theme tab> change FlatLaf Dark to Metal or Nimbus

                    https://forums.triplea-game.org/tags/thedog
                    https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3741/curated-best-top-maps-triplea-guides

                    C 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 3
                    • C
                      captain0 @TheDog
                      last edited by captain0

                      @TheDog
                      Thanks Dog. I think the AI may have issues moving the 2 hit tanks, as they start off with stacks of 9? per territory in the game.
                      I have been playing a few games, against AI and have decreased all incomes to see how it affects the game.
                      If I am playing against AI AXIS for example I drop all countries by 10-20 % and Allied countries by a further say 10%,
                      I feel it starts to factor in the drain on manpower that all countries faced in WW2. makes the later game tougher as well
                      So for example the UK finds it a lot tougher to field large armies in Far East, Italy and Europe towards the latter stages of the game along with maintaining Naval supremacy.

                      I like physically shipping units to Russia and China from other allies as well. So I delete the lend lease depots and it makes some interesting convoy scenarios as the Germans react etc.

                      TheDogT 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 2
                      • TheDogT
                        TheDog @captain0
                        last edited by

                        @captain0 said

                        AI may have issues moving the 2 hit tanks, as they start off with stacks of 9? per territory in the game.

                        Part of the problem might be me leaving the Armor-Inf stacked in 9s. I will destack them and that might alleviate the problem, they should be in 5s

                        Regarding reduced incomes.
                        I like this idea, but I also like spending PUs, so it's a balance, hopefully currently it feels about right?
                        Did some testing, reduced each of the 3 Industries PU production by -2, I got mixed results, so I will have to do more testing.

                        https://forums.triplea-game.org/tags/thedog
                        https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3741/curated-best-top-maps-triplea-guides

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 2

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 51
                        • 52
                        • 1 / 52
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Powered by NodeBB Forums