TripleA Logo TripleA Forum
    • TripleA Website
    • Recent
    • Popular
    • Register
    • Login

    Creating a (hopefully) competitive bot using Claude Code.

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved AI
    34 Posts 7 Posters 170 Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • TheDogT
      TheDog @husky81
      last edited by

      @husky81
      What do think of having temporary hard ratios for Land, Sea, Air for each nation?
      Losses are replaced in these ratios.
      For example
      Germany Land:80%, Sea:0% Air:20%
      Russia Land:80%, Sea:0% Air:20%
      Italy Land:50%, Sea:30% Air:20%
      You get the idea.

      This is to see if you can beat your current scores, as maybe your bots focus is too wide?

      Ideally these ratios should be dynamic, perhaps based on the nearest VC objectives.

      https://forums.triplea-game.org/tags/thedog
      https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3741/curated-best-top-maps-triplea-guides

      H 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 1
      • H
        husky81 @TheDog
        last edited by

        @TheDog said:

        n these ratios.
        For example
        Germany Land:80%, Sea:0% Air:20%
        Russia Land:80%, Sea:0% Air:20%
        Italy Land:50%, Sea:30% Air:20%
        You get the idea.

        This is to see if you can b

        I am not completely opposed to this, but currently the buys don't see to be the problem so much. I think the main issue is having it not leave exposed forces that then get cleaned up cheaply. so the biggest gap is on move planning.

        I suppose hard coding objectives could get there, like Japan Maximize pressure on india round 3, Germany take West Russia Round 4. but I would like to not do that if it can be avoided.

        TheDogT 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 2
        • TheDogT
          TheDog @husky81
          last edited by

          @husky81 said

          like buying all infantry and turtling in moscow,

          As Moscow (A capital and VC) has been secured, its 'objective' value should be reduced(halved) , so that the bot AI gives priorities to adjacent TT to secure it even further so it cannot be directly threatened.

          the attack threshold is 70% to win I believe

          Maybe I'm too aggressive/optimistic, I would reduce this to 66% to see if this is affecting the win ratio.
          In the past, this is one of the TripleA improvements I have asked for. In simple terms Germany/Japan is more aggressive than USA/Britain, so a map maker could pick a nations Aggression level to simulate this.

          https://forums.triplea-game.org/tags/thedog
          https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3741/curated-best-top-maps-triplea-guides

          B 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 3
          • B
            beelee @TheDog
            last edited by

            @TheDog said:

            o a map maker could pick a nations Aggression level to simulate this.

            rightarm.png

            H 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 2
            • H
              husky81 @beelee
              last edited by

              @beelee Yes, Ideally it will be customizable, but all current bots that I am aware of are pretty stupid, mine included.
              The developers of tripleA did a great job coding a bot that can play reasonable games (better than mine) without benefit of AI tools, and one that can work on a wide variety of maps. Impressive.

              But let's face it, at the end of the day, the bot plays some stupid moves. My goal is first to make it play less stupid. At some point it will have tunable agression.

              If I ever distribute it, I could look into having some settings that users could control. As is, there are lots of settings in the code that Claude tries to optimize, so I think it would be easy ish to make some of them user facing in a public version.

              B 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 1
              • B
                beelee @husky81
                last edited by

                @husky81

                Yea I believe @redrum created Hard AI but then his day job was creating AI 🙂

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 2
                • C
                  Cernel Moderators Lobby Moderators @husky81
                  last edited by

                  @husky81 said:

                  @Cernel said:

                  World War II v5 1942 SE TR

                  Sorry, I didn't see this. Yes, my bot plays 'World War II v5 1942 SE TR'

                  For development and testing I play in a Python engine that Claude built for that purpose. In those cases I played without bids. The only major rule difference is no landing on allied carriers, since that's not in the Beamdog game. Claude also built a bridge that allows my bot to play the bots that ship with Triple A. I've not changed the rules in Triple A, just my own engine and my bot's logic, so for the games played through the bridge, the Triple A AI could use allied carriers, but mine never will.

                  Guessing that you have the skills, I guess that, if you push a program update so to have a property to forbid landing on allied carriers (and maybe also loading onto allied transports) and then add that property (false as preset but of course editable via Game Options) to the game in question, everything will be accepted by the developers (I certainly do not speak for them, so CC @lafayette). Done that, you would just be able to put that property as true before starting the game (so to enforce it for all players, human and AI). This seems to me to be a lot better than enforcing it on the AI itself. (I do think that this property would be valuable in itself.)

                  Of course, it's your project (and I have no idea how much work would be to do that): just suggesting, not saying you are doing it wrong.

                  TheDogT 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 2
                  • TheDogT
                    TheDog @Cernel
                    last edited by

                    @husky81
                    Does Claude-AI/NavalAgent know the order of importance of, for eample the following order;
                    Own Capital> VC> Allied Capital> Enemy Capital> Factory> High TT/SZ PUs
                    Perhaps assign numeric values to these to resolve overall importance for a TT/SZ ?

                    I still think Claude-AI/NavalAgent needs guidances (helping hand) as to what is important to players. Then once it has decided that the order/values are invalid it can replace it with its own.

                    https://forums.triplea-game.org/tags/thedog
                    https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3741/curated-best-top-maps-triplea-guides

                    H 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 2
                    • H
                      husky81 @TheDog
                      last edited by

                      @TheDog said:

                      Claude-AI/NavalAgent needs guidances (helping hand) as to what is important to players. Then o

                      It knows the value of capitals, and of production points per territory (it uses 1 inf per pu). it doesn't really concider vc's yet. those are tricky, because they aren't worth anything until a VC snipe is on the cards. for example, if I'm Germany and besieging moscow, on pace to take in say 2 turns turns. I don't care if USA can trade Italy, France and Karelia, unless they also have a bunch of VC's on the other side of the map.

                      The bot does check the win condition ahead of its turn so it will try to retake a VC if it is about to lose, but will not plan around VC Play.

                      TheDogT 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 1
                      • TheDogT
                        TheDog @husky81
                        last edited by

                        @husky81 said
                        will not plan around VC Play.

                        I think this should be a major part of your Executive planning that you are talking about in the other thread, owning the 13 VCs should be a major part of the "eyes on the prize" .

                        A human player always has the VCs as part of their planning, so should Claude-AI.

                        they aren't worth anything until a VC snipe is on the cards

                        Totally disagree, from the start they should form part of the Claude-AI opening play, otherwise how will the Claude-AI ever win?

                        https://forums.triplea-game.org/tags/thedog
                        https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3741/curated-best-top-maps-triplea-guides

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 1 / 2
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Powered by NodeBB Forums