Roger's Scenario Thread
Scenario Classic Iron Blitz 1942A; Russia Neutral
Download Repository/Experimental/Classic Variations
Description Germany & Japan vs UK & US
- Classic rules
- Without Russia, the game lacks strategic tension
Scenario Big World-April 1940
Description Another Big World Scenario
- Fairly standard unit capabilities
- Like most Big World scenarios, it favors the Axis because it takes too long for the Americans to accomplish anything
@RogerCooper Especially since there we are talking about an early development stage (it is labelled as version 0.x), I wouldn't consider 300BC as a separate map. It is just the old way 270BC was called. Sometimes maps get their names changed overtime; I don't think this should necessarily make for a new map, otherwise you would be rating each single released version of any maps (so, you would have a lot of TWWs to rate, for example).
Just giving my opinion. If I would be making a map, and eventually change its name, I don't think I would see it like I've made a second map, and if someone would ask me why I've stopped developing the "first" map, I would just tell him "dude, I've just changed its name". The guy that made 270BC just initially called it 300BC. Btw, the two major bad points of this version of what would be 270BC are rather that the map is way unbalanced in favour of AntiRomans and warelephants are too cheap; at 12 PUs and 4/4 I would hardly buy any other land units, especially since warelephants are exceptionally good marines (you can ship 1 warelephant and 1 swordman, for total 16 TUV, on a 12 PUs ship).
But it would be better if names never get changed, to keep it clear.
Of course agree with the stack problem, for 270BC in general, coupled with the spam problem of the 1/1/1 cost 2 units (slingers/peltasts), tho not having air helps a lot in burning down units (because you use more land units to trade), especially if you play with regular dice (as the settings are). A minor issue for this version (no support for them yet) is that cataphract are so costly you would virtually never buy them.
So, personally, unless you plan to keep archived all the various versions of 270BC, I would remove this 300BC map, since it is just the very old 270BC. If there is an intermediate version of 270BC that rather deserves to be kept available, I would say it is the 1.3.1 one.
@Cernel I put a note on my wiki indicating that the scenario is superseded.
The problems with low movement allowances and absurdly large stacks are also in 270 BC.
Scenario NWO Doomsday
Description Hypotherical WW3 in Europe
- Not just another WW2 scenario
- The Communists are too strong
- No effort made to make the units any different than WW2.
Scenario Big World Small's 1939
Description World War II on the Big World Map
- Well balanced
- Income spread out resulting in fighting all over the map
- A historical income values
Scenario Ur-Quan Slave War
Description Large-scale space opera
- Interesting setting, see List of Star Control Races*
- Nice unit art
- Significant differences between players
- Each individual race has few unit choices
- All units are 'ground' units, limiting tactical options
- Favors the alliance significantly
Scenario Star Wars: Tatooine War (4teams)
Description Competing powers fight for control of Tatooine
Download Repository/Good/Stars Wars: Tatooine
- Star Wars!
- Interesting unit types
- Achievable victory conditions
- Low unit density makes for fast play
- Oddly, you can't get some parts of the planet from space