Customizing a Objectives window

• Admin

Wondering if and how I might achieve these changes.

Want to change the look of the true/false rendering in a objectives tab within my game.

Wondering if and how the T/F can be changed to a set of graphics. and the True boxes to be highlighted.

Current view
    0_1516045034238_Original view.jpg

Desired view
    0_1516045070191_Graphics in Tech windowjpeg.jpg

• Admin

Better rendering of 'T' or 'F' would be really nice and we could do that for every map. @Hepps would you mind posting a check mark and red X images?

A per-map configuration can get more tricky and would be a bit more complex. I do think we could still do it. The objectives IIRC are a map XML configuration, so we could do it with an additional property that links the objective to an image name.

• Admin

@lafayette Gimme 5 minutes.

• Admin

@hepps Here are the positive and negative images.

0_1516067277185_Positive.png

0_1516067288561_Negative.png

What I'm wondering is during this implementation is it possible to let the map designer design these within the game? Ie. Can I define a positive and a negative for each nation that would then simply be defined in the Flags folder?

Sorry if I am getting confused.... I guess it is just because the Stats tab already draws images from the Flags folder.... so I thought this would be super easy to implement.

• Admin

@hepps i don't know if super easy, but should be easy'ish. We'll need at least the defaults though when none are specified, and that is a good first step that should be pretty mostly easy.

• Admin

@lafayette Cool. Not trying to be pushy... just a layman. So I don't really know what is involved in any of it.

• Admin

@lafayette BTW... love the .... "pretty mostly easy". =)

• @Hepps
    @mattbarnes said in Large Middle Earth - strategies:

make clearer how all the National Objectives work: eg are some of them a one-off payment only, rather than a per turn benefit? What if you capture a one-off target then lose it again?

Don't forget objectives with a finite number of uses.

Btw how do you rename the objectives tab?

• Admin

@alkexr All you need to do is to rename the objective tab inside the objectives file. Simply insert this on the fist line in the file...

Objectives.Panel.Name=Technologies

(Of course you would obviously want a name that would put a smile on Mr. Tolkiens face)

Looks like your connection to TripleA Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.