🏯 The Shogun - Official Thread
Please note this map is currently in Beta and is still therefore a WiP.
It is a collaborative map between Ebbe (Graphics) & TheDog (Code)
- A historical map set about 1561 Japan, intended for many players to play a Free for All with the balance being played by the Hard AI
- 11 playable factions, comprising 10 Samurai Clans and the Ikko Ikki with Wako Pirates collectively called the The Rebels, all in their starting historical Provinces/Territories
- Clan Politics has 3 relationships, War (default), Neutral and Allied
- Large size map 11264x6140px, amongst one of the largest TripleA maps, with Unit size equivalent to 68x68px (54x54px x1.25 unit size). It is hoped that this is usable on 4K screens.
- The map has lots of Mountain Passes, lots of uncrossable Mountains and Rocky Shores channelling forces.
For now Download from Google Drive v1.1
Copy into your TripleA downloads folder the zip file to the usual place, typically; (On Windows, you can paste this path into your file manager)
Select the map The Shogun
ps. You might have to unzip the file to make it work.
Here is an extract of the detailed map
Some of the evocative 20-ish units types.
Coming later replacement new clan Player start screens.
Copy of the draft in Game Notes
Remember to use map zoom ctrl+mouse wheel, to zoom out of the map, that is, to make it smaller.
Our game needs more java RAM allocating to it …
If you have 8GB or more of RAM it is suggested that you follow this link to improve The Shogun game speed. It changes the TripleA.vmoptions. It also shows you how to put it back.
It is hoped that with a map size of 11264x6140px and effective unit size of 68x68px that The Shogun can be played on a 4K screen properly in all their 3840x2160px glory. Please let us know?
For Code Raiders
This map has the following code that is worth looking at;
- The land territory Mon.png/flag unit uses a feature of the isAA that puts them in the 1st slot of the place.txt list to position the Mon/flag.
- The sea zone territory _convoy.png/flags uses the little used convoy.txt file to position the _convoy.png/flags
- Extensive use of foreach, with a count of 87, making it so much easier to maintain the xml
- Politics of 4100 lines of xml code reduced to 600 lines with the use of foreach
- Paired foreach for Notifications, saving of 90% lines of code
- Nested foreach for $AllPlayers$^$RandomHighPU$, a complex-ish piece of code putting the correct owned castles in the correct owned random territories, saving over 90% lines of code
TheDog last edited by
We are still working on this, so any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Any players on a 4K screen, your comments would be most welcome.
In the pipeline;
- retouched units
- tidier reliefTiles
- Updated Introduction to Clan start panel
Download latest version 1.1
- Ninja & Guards combat improved
- Amago in Izumo Bay get a Kobaya (should have 2)
- All Clans except Takeda get a starting Jong
- Takeda in Kai get an extra starting Bajutsu/Cavalry unit
- Removed CoastalSea territoryEffect as not used
See post 1 for download link and more details and how to install.
Your comments would be most welcome.