TripleA Logo TripleA Forum
    • TripleA Website
    • Recent
    • Popular
    • Register
    • Login

    Question about trenches domination 1914 no mans land

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Map Making
    65 Posts 6 Posters 4.6k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • TheDogT
      TheDog @Ramon
      last edited by

      @Ramon

      The original owner doesnt change, and i dont see the relevant history like in your map.

      If the original owner does not change then the entry in the history list will not appear.

      .

      is this a problem with the code or with the version?

      Very probably not, as it works fine with 11 Rings of Power (the new unpublished map) and does not work with 1888A Steam and Steel. So like you I cant deduce why 1888A is not working 🤯🤯🤯
      I have compared xml properties and map properties 😕 😖 to no avail.

      .

      Maybe a bit of a noob question but does the order where i put the relevant code in the xml matter? That might screw things up?

      Only that it must be in the Attachment block of code , that is inside
      <attachmentList>
      </attachmentList>
      The order should not matter, but I put Triggers/conditions after other stuff in the attachmentList block.

      https://forums.triplea-game.org/tags/thedog
      https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3741/curated-best-top-maps-triplea-guides

      B R 2 Replies Last reply
      Reply Quote 1
      • B
        beelee @TheDog
        last edited by

        @ramon

        I think the condition that activates the trigger/condition has to come before the trigger/condition.

        Also, other things will still work but depending on where they're listed, will affect how they show up in the purchase window for example.

        Support attachments as well but I don't remember the specifics. WC clued me in on it. I need to look it up again.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 1
        • R
          Ramon @TheDog
          last edited by

          Hi, @TheDog

          I noticed the top line:

          <attachment foreach="$All-Players$^$All-SZ$" name="conditionAttachment_SZ_@All-Players@_@All-SZ@" attachTo="@All-Players@" javaClass="RulesAttachment" type="player">
          <option name="DirectOwnershipTerritories" value="@All-SZ@" count="1"/>
          </attachment>

          As i understand it, this should make each sea zone worth 1 PU? That doesn't seem to happen in my map, so im wondering if this might be related to the issue?

          I dont know honestly, but thanks for all the help! Let me know if you somehow find a fix!


          Another question regarding map creater tool.

          I'm editing a map right now (domination 1914 NML).

          and following this guide: https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3432/a-brief-guide-to-the-map-creator-tools-utilities

          Splitting territories in two has worked for me, but creating new territories (islands as example) works differently? I cant get it to work, i assume its different from dividing excisting territories but how does this work?

          Same goes for sea zones, does that also work different?

          Thank you!

          B wc_sumptonW TheDogT 3 Replies Last reply
          Reply Quote 1
          • B
            beelee @Ramon
            last edited by

            @Ramon

            For a new TTy you will need the correct xml info and then do the centers poly thing as well as drawing the new TTy.

            I forget the specifics but I'd pick a TTy and follow it through the xml adding the new name next to it. You can add the connections later but it shouldn't hurt to do it now either.

            Once the xml is up to date, follow Elk's guide step by step. @thedog probably more up to date on it than I 🙂

            If need be, we'll bring in reinforcements if you get stuck 🙂

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 1
            • wc_sumptonW
              wc_sumpton @Ramon
              last edited by

              @Ramon said:

              As i understand it, this should make each sea zone worth 1 PU? That doesn't seem to happen in my map, so im wondering if this might be related to the issue?

              This is a condition statement and is checking if player owns a sea zone.

              Cheers...

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 2
              • TheDogT
                TheDog @Ramon
                last edited by TheDog

                @Ramon said:

                Let me know if you somehow find a fix!

                I have had two attempts at it, so will do, but it will not be soon, spare time goes on the new map.

                https://forums.triplea-game.org/tags/thedog
                https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3741/curated-best-top-maps-triplea-guides

                TheDogT 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 1
                • TheDogT
                  TheDog @TheDog
                  last edited by

                  @ramon
                  I have another one of my FFA maps working with Sea Zone PU going to the owner.
                  see
                  https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/2467/settlers-fallen-empire-official-thread/15

                  Note you will need to do steps

                  1. player none=Neutral must be have an initial relationship of Neutral with the Player factions, see lines 6977 etc
                  2. player none=Neutral start of turn 1 is changed to War, see lines 5913-5931

                  The above is a bizzare requirement that should not exist.

                  I still cannot get 1888A Steam & Steel to work, but Im hoping you have success and then I will raise this with the Devs.

                  https://forums.triplea-game.org/tags/thedog
                  https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3741/curated-best-top-maps-triplea-guides

                  wc_sumptonW 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 1
                  • wc_sumptonW
                    wc_sumpton @TheDog
                    last edited by wc_sumpton

                    @TheDog said:

                    I still cannot get 8188A Steam & Steel to work, but Im hoping you have success and then I will raise this with the Devs.

                    In 8188A Steam & Steel, if you are hooking too the endTurn, then your process is working. But the endTurrn happens at the beginning. Try attaching after the battle step.
                    Why battle? Because only combat move and battle change ownership. Non-combat move and placement do not. So, during the players first turn when sea units are placed the territory does not change ownership until the next combat move.

                    Cheers...

                    TheDogT 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 2
                    • TheDogT
                      TheDog @wc_sumpton
                      last edited by

                      @wc_sumpton
                      Thanks! I will will experiment.

                      https://forums.triplea-game.org/tags/thedog
                      https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3741/curated-best-top-maps-triplea-guides

                      R 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 1
                      • R
                        Ramon @TheDog
                        last edited by

                        @TheDog

                        Hi its me again!

                        I was wondering if its possible to give a unit (for example an Anti Air gun) the ability to reduce the attacking value of the opponents fighters with -1.

                        If so how would you set this up in the xml file? Does it require any special properties or settings?

                        ~Ramon

                        TheDogT 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • TheDogT
                          TheDog @Ramon
                          last edited by

                          @Ramon
                          Here is how its done in 1941 GCD

                          <!-- Anti-Tank Suppress ENEMY Armor -->
                          	<attachment name="supportAttachment_Anti-Tank_sup_Armor" attachTo="Anti-Tank" javaClass="UnitSupportAttachment" type="unitType">
                          		<option name="faction" value="enemy"/>
                          		<option name="unitType" value="$All-Armor$:Inf-Motorized"/>
                          		<option name="side" value="defence"/>				<!-- defence is correct, reduces enemy Armor strength Atk -->
                          		<option name="dice" value="strength"/>
                          		<option name="bonus" value="-1"/>
                          		<option name="number" value="1"/>
                          		<option name="bonusType" value="Anti-Tank"/>
                          		<option name="players" value="$All-Players$"/>
                          	</attachment>
                          

                          So change to shoot at All-Air, so unitType=All-Air instead of Armor
                          bonusType is just a label shown in History, eg. AA-suppression
                          side might also need offence, depending on how air works

                          Hope that helps.

                          https://forums.triplea-game.org/tags/thedog
                          https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3741/curated-best-top-maps-triplea-guides

                          R 2 Replies Last reply
                          Reply Quote 4
                          • R
                            Ramon @TheDog
                            last edited by

                            @TheDog

                            Thank you! it works perfectly!

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 3
                            • R
                              Ramon @TheDog
                              last edited by

                              @TheDog

                              Hi!

                              When a conscript attacks a territory containing only a trench the battle stays contested only because both units have 0 combat power. After a couple of rounds it finally resolves, but this is obviously not intended.

                              I want to keep:

                              Conscript: attack = 0
                              Trench: defense = 0

                              But I want the conscript to be able to destroy the trench, without giving it a normal attack value of 1.

                              Is there a mechanic or attachment that allows a 0 attack unit to destroy a 0 defense construction?

                              My attachments:

                              Conscript:

                              xml
                              <attachment name="unitAttachment" attachTo="conscript" javaClass="UnitAttachment" type="unitType">
                              <option name="movement" value="1"/>
                              <option name="attack" value="0"/>
                              <option name="defense" value="1"/>
                              <option name="transportCost" value="2"/>
                              <option name="artillerySupportable" value="true"/>
                              </attachment>

                              Trench:

                              <attachment name="unitAttachment" attachTo="trench" javaClass="UnitAttachment" type="unitType">
                              <option name="defense" value="0"/>
                              <option name="hitPoints" value="2"/>
                              <option name="isSuicide" value="true"/>
                              <option name="isConstruction" value="true"/>
                              <option name="constructionType" value="bunker"/>
                              <option name="constructionsPerTerrPerTypePerTurn" value="3"/>
                              <option name="maxConstructionsPerTypePerTerr" value="1000"/>
                              conscript:
                              <attachment name="unitAttachment" attachTo="conscript" javaClass="UnitAttachment" type="unitType">
                              <option name="movement" value="1"/>
                              <option name="attack" value="0"/>
                              <option name="defense" value="1"/>
                              <option name="transportCost" value="2"/>
                              <option name="artillerySupportable" value="true"/>
                              </attachment>

                              ~Ramon

                              B wc_sumptonW 3 Replies Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • B
                                beelee @Ramon
                                last edited by

                                @Ramon

                                Hi Ramon

                                You might possibly be able to give it a combat AA capability that just targets the Trench but the AA fires off before regular combat, so Idk if that'd mess something up

                                R 1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 1
                                • R
                                  Ramon @beelee
                                  last edited by

                                  @beelee

                                  Hi Beelee,

                                  Thanks a lot for your input! I thought about this aswel but it will probably mess with the balancing of the map, we would like to keep conscripts on a 0 attack.

                                  B 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 1
                                  • B
                                    beelee @Ramon
                                    last edited by

                                    @Ramon

                                    Yea if I remember right it has to have an attack value to work. I tried it with a similar situation now that I think about it. Maybe Victory will make an engine update for us 🙂

                                    but yea The Dog or wc might know a way around it. Or maybe Roger or Cernel

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 1
                                    • wc_sumptonW
                                      wc_sumpton @Ramon
                                      last edited by

                                      @Ramon

                                      I don't understand why the "trench" has 2 hit points and isSuicide? This is causing the combat to last 2 rounds. Suicide causalities are automatically removed before the round that the unit "attacks" in. So even though the "trench" has no attack or defense the "isSuicide" is causing it to participate and be removed as causality.

                                      I have to do some testing.

                                      Cheers...

                                      R 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 2
                                      • R
                                        Ramon @wc_sumpton
                                        last edited by

                                        @wc_sumpton

                                        Hi!

                                        Thank you for your response!

                                        The trench is designed to have 2 hit points for balancing purposes, its a defensive unit.
                                        To be honest i dont know either why trenches have isSuicide, this map im currently working on is inspired by domination 1914 no mans land and i copied their trench design. I think i can just delete that part.

                                        ~Ramon

                                        TheDogT 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • TheDogT
                                          TheDog @Ramon
                                          last edited by

                                          @Ramon
                                          The AI will have difficulty with a 0 Atk unit.
                                          A 0-1-1 unit will be AI classified as a defensive unit so trying to get it to attack, will be hard.
                                          AI wise better to have it as 1-1-1 unit.

                                          Have you considered increasing the dice to d8 instead of d6 ?
                                          Many of my maps are d8, so that very weak & weak units can be Atk/Def 1 and 2.

                                          https://forums.triplea-game.org/tags/thedog
                                          https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3741/curated-best-top-maps-triplea-guides

                                          RogerCooperR 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 2
                                          • RogerCooperR
                                            RogerCooper @TheDog
                                            last edited by

                                            @TheDog You can create a support attachment that gives a bonus to the enemy.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 4 / 4
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Powered by NodeBB Forums