Question about trenches domination 1914 no mans land
-
Hi, @TheDog
I noticed the top line:
<attachment foreach="$All-Players$^$All-SZ$" name="conditionAttachment_SZ_@All-Players@_@All-SZ@" attachTo="@All-Players@" javaClass="RulesAttachment" type="player">
<option name="DirectOwnershipTerritories" value="@All-SZ@" count="1"/>
</attachment>As i understand it, this should make each sea zone worth 1 PU? That doesn't seem to happen in my map, so im wondering if this might be related to the issue?
I dont know honestly, but thanks for all the help! Let me know if you somehow find a fix!
Another question regarding map creater tool.
I'm editing a map right now (domination 1914 NML).
and following this guide: https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3432/a-brief-guide-to-the-map-creator-tools-utilities
Splitting territories in two has worked for me, but creating new territories (islands as example) works differently? I cant get it to work, i assume its different from dividing excisting territories but how does this work?
Same goes for sea zones, does that also work different?
Thank you!
-
For a new TTy you will need the correct xml info and then do the centers poly thing as well as drawing the new TTy.
I forget the specifics but I'd pick a TTy and follow it through the xml adding the new name next to it. You can add the connections later but it shouldn't hurt to do it now either.
Once the xml is up to date, follow Elk's guide step by step. @thedog probably more up to date on it than I

If need be, we'll bring in reinforcements if you get stuck

-
-
-
@ramon
I have another one of my FFA maps working with Sea Zone PU going to the owner.
see
https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/2467/settlers-fallen-empire-official-thread/15Note you will need to do steps
- player none=Neutral must be have an initial relationship of Neutral with the Player factions, see lines 6977 etc
- player none=Neutral start of turn 1 is changed to War, see lines 5913-5931
The above is a bizzare requirement that should not exist.
I still cannot get 1888A Steam & Steel to work, but Im hoping you have success and then I will raise this with the Devs.
-
I still cannot get 8188A Steam & Steel to work, but Im hoping you have success and then I will raise this with the Devs.
In 8188A Steam & Steel, if you are hooking too the endTurn, then your process is working. But the endTurrn happens at the beginning. Try attaching after the battle step.
Why battle? Because only combat move and battle change ownership. Non-combat move and placement do not. So, during the players first turn when sea units are placed the territory does not change ownership until the next combat move.Cheers...
-
@wc_sumpton
Thanks! I will will experiment. -
Hi its me again!
I was wondering if its possible to give a unit (for example an Anti Air gun) the ability to reduce the attacking value of the opponents fighters with -1.
If so how would you set this up in the xml file? Does it require any special properties or settings?
~Ramon
-
@Ramon
Here is how its done in 1941 GCD<!-- Anti-Tank Suppress ENEMY Armor --> <attachment name="supportAttachment_Anti-Tank_sup_Armor" attachTo="Anti-Tank" javaClass="UnitSupportAttachment" type="unitType"> <option name="faction" value="enemy"/> <option name="unitType" value="$All-Armor$:Inf-Motorized"/> <option name="side" value="defence"/> <!-- defence is correct, reduces enemy Armor strength Atk --> <option name="dice" value="strength"/> <option name="bonus" value="-1"/> <option name="number" value="1"/> <option name="bonusType" value="Anti-Tank"/> <option name="players" value="$All-Players$"/> </attachment>So change to shoot at All-Air, so unitType=All-Air instead of Armor
bonusType is just a label shown in History, eg. AA-suppression
side might also need offence, depending on how air worksHope that helps.
-
Thank you! it works perfectly!
-
Hi!
When a conscript attacks a territory containing only a trench the battle stays contested only because both units have 0 combat power. After a couple of rounds it finally resolves, but this is obviously not intended.
I want to keep:
Conscript: attack = 0
Trench: defense = 0But I want the conscript to be able to destroy the trench, without giving it a normal attack value of 1.
Is there a mechanic or attachment that allows a 0 attack unit to destroy a 0 defense construction?
My attachments:
Conscript:
xml
<attachment name="unitAttachment" attachTo="conscript" javaClass="UnitAttachment" type="unitType">
<option name="movement" value="1"/>
<option name="attack" value="0"/>
<option name="defense" value="1"/>
<option name="transportCost" value="2"/>
<option name="artillerySupportable" value="true"/>
</attachment>Trench:
<attachment name="unitAttachment" attachTo="trench" javaClass="UnitAttachment" type="unitType">
<option name="defense" value="0"/>
<option name="hitPoints" value="2"/>
<option name="isSuicide" value="true"/>
<option name="isConstruction" value="true"/>
<option name="constructionType" value="bunker"/>
<option name="constructionsPerTerrPerTypePerTurn" value="3"/>
<option name="maxConstructionsPerTypePerTerr" value="1000"/>
conscript:
<attachment name="unitAttachment" attachTo="conscript" javaClass="UnitAttachment" type="unitType">
<option name="movement" value="1"/>
<option name="attack" value="0"/>
<option name="defense" value="1"/>
<option name="transportCost" value="2"/>
<option name="artillerySupportable" value="true"/>
</attachment>~Ramon
-
Hi Ramon
You might possibly be able to give it a combat AA capability that just targets the Trench but the AA fires off before regular combat, so Idk if that'd mess something up
-
Hi Beelee,
Thanks a lot for your input! I thought about this aswel but it will probably mess with the balancing of the map, we would like to keep conscripts on a 0 attack.
-
Yea if I remember right it has to have an attack value to work. I tried it with a similar situation now that I think about it. Maybe Victory will make an engine update for us

but yea The Dog or wc might know a way around it. Or maybe Roger or Cernel
-
I don't understand why the "trench" has 2 hit points and isSuicide? This is causing the combat to last 2 rounds. Suicide causalities are automatically removed before the round that the unit "attacks" in. So even though the "trench" has no attack or defense the "isSuicide" is causing it to participate and be removed as causality.
I have to do some testing.
Cheers...
-
Hi!
Thank you for your response!
The trench is designed to have 2 hit points for balancing purposes, its a defensive unit.
To be honest i dont know either why trenches have isSuicide, this map im currently working on is inspired by domination 1914 no mans land and i copied their trench design. I think i can just delete that part.~Ramon
-
@Ramon
The AI will have difficulty with a 0 Atk unit.
A 0-1-1 unit will be AI classified as a defensive unit so trying to get it to attack, will be hard.
AI wise better to have it as 1-1-1 unit.Have you considered increasing the dice to d8 instead of d6 ?
Many of my maps are d8, so that very weak & weak units can be Atk/Def 1 and 2. -
@TheDog You can create a support attachment that gives a bonus to the enemy.
-
Is there a mechanic or attachment that allows a 0 attack unit to destroy a 0 defense construction?
The "trench", a 0 defense construction unit, could give the "conscript", a 0 attack unit, a plus 1 attack using support attachments. The problem with this is that the support should be applied only when the "trench" is defending and only the "conscript" is attacking.
<attachment name="supportAttachment_Trench" attachTo="trench" javaClass="UnitSupportAttachment" type="unitType"> <option name="faction" value="enemy"/> <option name="unitType" value="conscript"/> <option name="side" value="defence"/> <option name="dice" value="strength"/> <option name="bonus" value="1"/> <option name="number" value="1"/> <option name="bonusType" value="Trench"/> <option name="players" value="$All-Players$"/> </attachment>To do this a plus and minus support attachment would have to be created for every attacking/defending land unit to create a counter to the "trench".
<attachment name="supportAttachment_InfantryAttack" attachTo="infantry" javaClass="UnitSupportAttachment" type="unitType"> <option name="faction" value="allied"/> <option name="unitType" value="conscript"/> <option name="side" value="offence"/> <option name="dice" value="strength"/> <option name="bonus" value="1"/> <option name="number" value="-1"/> <!-- All positive supports are "Trench" --> <option name="bonusType" value="Trench"/> <option name="players" value="$All-Players$"/> </attachment> <attachment name="supportAttachment_InfantryAttackDebuf" attachTo="infantry" javaClass="UnitSupportAttachment" type="unitType"> <option name="faction" value="allied"/> <option name="unitType" value="conscript"/> <option name="side" value="offence"/> <option name="dice" value="strength"/> <option name="bonus" value="-1"/> <option name="number" value="-1"/> <!-- All negative supports are "Debuf" --> <option name="bonusType" value="Debuf"/> <option name="players" value="$All-Players$"/> </attachment> <attachment name="supportAttachment_InfantryDefend" attachTo="infantry" javaClass="UnitSupportAttachment" type="unitType"> <option name="faction" value="enemy"/> <option name="unitType" value="conscript"/> <option name="side" value="defence"/> <option name="dice" value="strength"/> <option name="bonus" value="1"/> <option name="number" value="-1"/> <!-- All positive supports are "Trench" --> <option name="bonusType" value="Trench"/> <option name="players" value="$All-Players$"/> </attachment> <attachment name="supportAttachment_InfantryDefendDebuf" attachTo="infantry" javaClass="UnitSupportAttachment" type="unitType"> <option name="faction" value="enemy"/> <option name="unitType" value="conscript"/> <option name="side" value="defence"/> <option name="dice" value="strength"/> <option name="bonus" value="-1"/> <option name="number" value="-1"/> <!-- All negative supports are "Debuf" --> <option name="bonusType" value="Debuf"/> <option name="players" value="$All-Players$"/> </attachment>It can get slightly complicated.
Cheers...
-
Hi WC!
Thanks a lot for your time and effort!
If i understand correctly you can basically give conscripts 1 attack, and make every unit (except trenches) debuff them with 1?
I have 2 more questions:
-can i make tech dice basically hit every time (so they hit at 1 or higher, basically you pay 20 ipcs for guarenteed tech unlock)
-for a unit such as a marine can i give it +1 amphibious attack?~Ramon
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login