Problem fixed (before I have seen @Cernels post)
I removed the line with option name="players" completely from supportAttachment, and then it works fine. I guess it is not needed anyway as only humans have Arthur unit.
Thx @Cernel and @wc_sumpton
@RogerCooper Here you can see in pure red all the pixels that were not pure black or white in your image. If you modified anything with the aim to have the utilities working, I suggest you go back and make purely black-and-white the original image (or post it here) (I use GIMP):
@SLW2000 Please, take a look at the descriptions. "Maps & Mods" says: "Talk about and work on specific Maps and Mods".
Moving this thread to Mapmaking.
When you will have your specific map or mod, feel free to open a thread about that in "Maps & Mods" (though I still suggest opening threads in Mapmaking for the technicalities, to keep your thread cleaner for general feedback).
Next error message
Sep 29, 2019 4:44:29 PM games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser parseMapProperties
SEVERE: SAXParseException: game: XCOM, line: 3155, column: 8, error: An element with the identifier "XCOM" must appear in the document.
Edit: Nevermind, found it!
@Windrunner21 Here is where all your currently downloaded maps should be located...
From there what you want to do is copy any of the maps you want to examine and paste them somewhere else on your computer. I personally just made a folder on my desktop called Triple A related.
Once you have all the maps in the new folder you should unzip them so that it is easier to access all the sub folders inside each one.
Once you have a map folder unzipped it will look like this...
The XML is inside the Games folder. (Note if the map has more than one game variants you will see mulptile XMLs inside).
As far as opening the XML you want to use Notepad or some other reader program.
I personally use Notepad++ that I downloaded free.
@RogerCooper @Cernel @Hepps
As my ideas for this mod have morphed, those two are probably the closest ones yet. Thanks!
I will probably still end up wanting to change them eventually, but I can definitely make some tweaks like impassible or 0 PU territories to make them work for now. Thanks again!!
@LaFayette said in Unit Flags - Are there any maps that would like to default it to on?:
players who always turn on flags for specific maps. In those cases it seems there is evidence flags should be on.
Then again, I suspect most people did not realize the flags feature was there or how to turn it on. I'd guess we won't know the answer to "for which maps do users turn flags on?" without adding feature usage tracking code. (Perhaps I'm wrong though and there are some maps that are clear candidates.)
@Hepps What I believe to have made clear is that I meant that air battles are always going to be followed by the regular (land) battle. That is you cannot do air battles only, without the following standard battle. So, if those two fighters are attacking alone a territory with a zeppelin and a bunch of land units, that is not going to end well for them.
So, since I want it both production based and to be achieved any time, rather than at end round only, and much prefer it showing clearly in the customizable settings, I'll use this hack of having multiple endrounds, as it doesn't appear causing any troubles (and the game is not meant to ever have any triggers). But I'm open to refactor it if it would be possible to achieve the same result with victory triggers/conditions, eventually.
I guess since we assume multiple endrounds is not intentionally supported, no reasons to document it.
Still, I have to say that personally doesn't like the fact that this endround step manages both hardcoded victories and sets uses for triggers, as they seem unrelated matters, and, in my mind, it should have rather been called "victory" step, doing only that (traditionally as the last step in the sequence).
@Numetalfan I didn't test the game, but just did what I suggested to do.
I see in the xml there are several istances of simply "Americans", namely:
<playerProduction player="Americans" frontier="production"/>
<playerRepair player="Americans" frontier="repair"/>
<attachment name="techAttachment" attachTo="Americans" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attachments.TechAttachment" type="player">
(the above figures twice)
<option name="capital" value="Americans"/>
Since "Americans" doesn't actually exist, all those instances need to be erased, and the related code being rewritten accordingly.
As I didn't modify or test the game, there may be other issues with it.