@roiex Ok, then I've closed my pull example in here:
Cernelius created this issue in triplea-maps/classic_variations
@redrum I think updating the pos2 makes sense for now since @Mahks says he will be the caretaker of XOB. He can copy them over to XOB until others can do it. The only issue would be he has to find the changes in the xml. Hmm, are you keeping an update log updated for POS2?
@elreigh Yes, without seeing the actual XML this is just a guess... but by what you described.... the game is trying to create and then subsequently render the image for an "Allied" Arcadia Motor Pool. The game is attempting to change the "Arcadia Motor Pool" into a unit of the Ally, but since the unit is designed as a national specific unit... it is trying to capture the unit as it is defined.
This is not really a bug. I think it is just how you have designed the units. I have come across the same thing while designing.
The other thing that is causing the conflict is that as Allies the game does not view the changing of the territory when the Capital is liberated as a "Capture" strictly speaking.
Would really have to see your XML to figure it out.
@mahks Here is a pretty good list of things it doesn't handle now: https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/105/ai-development-discussion-and-feedback
The further from traditional A&A features you use generally the AI will perform more poorly as most of them it doesn't understand.
@theredbaron Yep, that's the general approach I like to take as otherwise I end up spending time making changes that might never get used But it should be relatively easy to replace the existing logic with something a bit less random.
Best guess 'Sea Zone' ownership. Water territories do not have ownership, give 'SZ Sea of Japan' an 'originalOwner' option in its 'territoryAttachment' and use 'alliedPresenceTerritories' in the trigger.
Also check the property:
<property name="Use Triggers" value="true" editable="false">
Hope this helps
I just delete the -master from the unzipped folder name. You should also just remove or delete the zip file from the triplea/downloademaps folder. Otherwise you will have to rename stuff as @frostion explained.
An example of a functional unzipped folder structure is as follows:
And all the other game folders and files can go into the map folder.
@rabbitharrison I created a test map with 36 players, and it appears to be functional.
Although I remember getting an error once because there were more than 20 players. I don't know whether it was a bug with the engine or the old map creator. It happened like 6-8 years ago, so anything could have happened since then.
Only way for you to get a high resolution image is to open the reconstructed baseTiles and reliefTiles in preferably a graphics editing app.
I'm looking at NWO and your in luck they left a blank map image (reconstructed baseTiles) named NWOblank.png in the map folder located in new_world_order-master.zip folder.
You can paint it and scale it, as you see fit and print it. And or you can add the reliefTiles over it and have one of the available map skins. Note you will still have to paint the blank.
If you want info on reconstructing the reliefTiles. You can ask for help here.
@hepps @General_Zod after further checking I found that it was an installation problem. After I removed another JAVA product, everything started to run fine.
Thanks for all your help!!
P.S. @Hepps yes the default is 1 when not used.