@sgcarney The AI does not understand how to defeat a large fleet off its coast. A human player would simply build fighters to drive them away or reinforce its fleet before the Japanese get close.
It's my 8 week updated war/gaming Youtube pick!
68 Guns by The Alarm;
I play "Lord of the Rings:Middle Earth"(12 Army) map just against AI, and try to see how quickly I can win against the different AI's
I recently tried a new strategy that allows the Goblins to take Rivendell on round 3. It's not necessarily 'faster' because all the elves in the east are still there.. and probably not practical because a play could probably take Moria.. but fun nonetheless.
If you want to try... do this..
Round 1 -
- 1 Raider, 1 orc Isengard to S. Dunland
- 1 Raider, 1 orc to Westford
- Remaining troops to Fangorn, till only 1 or 2 ents remain
Purchase 4 stabbers-2 Shooters
- 1 Stabber N. caves to Anduim W. Bank
- Remaining N. Caves to Eregion (bat to Moria)
- All Moria (except bat) to Eregion)
- All Shooters-Stabbers from S. Caves to N. Dunland
- 1 isengard warg to Endwaith
- 1 Dol Goldur warg to Gladden
- 1 Warg S. Caves to Eregion
- 3 Wargs Isengard to Eregion
- 3 Wargs Dol Goldur to Anuin West Bank
- place all in Moria
Round 2 -Elves could probably take Moria here, but AI doesn't attack.
- Buy 2 Trolls, 1 Warg
- No attacks...
- Move all units to Eregion (except 1 shooter in Anduim West (leave there)... bats.. leave in Moria
- Should have about 12 shooter, 17 Stabber, 13 warg, 2 Troll.. with 2 more troll 1 warg, 2 bats in Moria,
Round 3 -You could potentially send a bit less and make some progress on Freefolk, or elves to the east.
I buy 1 shooter, 1 Troll, the rest stabbers..
Send all but 1 shooter (leave in eregion) to Rivendell.. you'll take it easily
This approach makes Rhun's/Mordor's jobs much harder in the North East.. but it greatly shifts the PUs and power of the <Good> faction losing arguably their strongest member in round 3.
And again.. I realize not a PvP strategy at all.. but fun.
More Song I like:
Banana Man (Tally Hall): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yModCU1OVHY
& (Tally Hall): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLJ85XExZtQ
We Didn't Start the Fire (Billy Joel): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDPnsTRAvIM&t=171s
Union Dixie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhSzuhdIkuE
Twa Recruitin' Sergeants: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSdtjb2xOow
Marcia trionfale (aka. Papal States Anthem): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_States [Audio is on the right]